Playback “backward” and “forward” buttons that malfunction

My app’s “backward” button reverses playback by 54 seconds on each press and the “forward” REVERSES the playback by 8 seconds with each press.

I’ve begun to suspect there may be some passive-aggressive intentions behind the firmware and software design. Or this company may actually be a cover for some university or government study ala “The Stanford Experiment”. XD

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to create this new topic as your subject matter is a departure from the original #wishlist topic. Please avoid diverting a topic by changing it midstream. Your request was moved to this category since it involves a bug and not a request for a new product or service enhancement by Wyze.

Ok. Thanks @Seapup.

Confirm where you are seeing that. Working fine for me on V2, V3, and Pan cameras. Tried both on my Android and my #$%^&* iPhone.

Your command is my wish.

2 Likes

Hmmm, what camera type and firmware, and what app version?

Cam is v3. Firmware and app versions are the most recent.

Most recent beta or production versions?

I don’t know what if anything I purchased is in beta, but here are the version numbers.

There’s an additional spotlight attached to the front porch cam that the app refuses to recognize. And I’m not gonna install any more of the equipment I purchased that’s still sitting in boxes for the moment until I decide how much pain I’m willing to tolerate.

HI @FullOfBeans

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please submit a log under Wyze Support and send me the log id for this.

Hi Noopur,

Can you please point me to instructions on how to do what you are requesting of me?

Jamie

Here are the steps:

1. Reproduce the issue 2-3 times
  2. Go under Account/Wyze Support/Submit a Log/Wyze Cam V3/Micro SD Card Performance
  3. Add some details and Submit
  4. A number will be generated which is Log Id.

Send me the Log Id and I can look into the logs.

2 Likes

Log id: 521035

2 Likes

Thanks. I will keep you posted on what we find.

2 Likes

Did you ever find a solution to your backward/forward issue? I have the same problem.