Plans for Hubitat support?

Has there been any more movement on this? I’m looking to build around habitat and really would love to continue to use Wyze products but right now that’s impossible without workarounds.

It looks like it has moved way back since they just now officially started researching Smart Things Integration.

2 Likes

Have a couple cameras and have been impressed but unfortunately won’t be buying more wyze products until can integrate with Hubitat and therefore my other smart devices. I also run the RTSP beta firmware on cameras for ZoneMinder but wish integrations, standards and openness were more a priority because I like the company and their products.

1 Like

I think it’s fine if they want to build their own infrastructure, but give us some web hooks on the devices that allow for other platforms to write integrations, too. Even if they start with the easy stuff like bulbs - all you really need for a bulb is a “set status” and a “get status.”

I have one Wyze camera that we only plug in when we go out of town (to keep track of the cat sitter) and six bulbs.

Right now I’m using Alexa to stitch all the disparate platforms together - most of our home automation is frankly about poor light switch placement being fixed with, “Alexa, turn the light on.”

That said, I just replaced my Wink with a Hubitat and I’d love to consolidate under something local. There are plenty of folks out here who could write the integrations if we were given the basic access.

1 Like

Yeah I just really want some native hubitat integration, as do others… Reason is… Hubitat is local, Cloud is cloud. For instance, I right now use a wyze sensor in the hallway, hooked to a Lutron Caseta switch… When motion is detected the lights turn on to 20% (for kids coming out of rooms at night). Its IFTTT but It works great. However by the time the door opens, and they cross the hallway to the bathroom the light finally goes on. If it was native, like some of my other items, its nearly instant. For example, I have an air curtain on my door leading out to my patio. WHen the door opens (samsung open/close) the air curtain turns on. It turns on before the door has even opened completely. You cant get that with webhooks or ifttt.

3 Likes

Just bumping this to the top of the list in case anyone at Wyze is trying to keep tabs on the community interest level.

1 Like

I have 10 Wyze Cams (8 reg 2 pan) (using them for webcams for 3d printer and laser is nice). I have scale, i have many open close, bulbs, and pre order for 2 outdoor (and will replace 8 other blinks with them).
Not having hubitat support is NOT fun. please do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be nice if someone from WYZE would either say no way or we working on it
Just Communicate!

WYZE , Why are you avoiding communications with the community on this issue?

3 Likes

They aren’t avoiding communication, for the most part they communicate via the tagging of the thread. Currently it is tagged as ‘maybe-later’, this means they are not actively looking into it but have not ruled it out. If they eventually rule it out it will change to ‘probably not’, if they start looking into it more aggressively it will change to ‘researching’.

2 Likes

Lack of ability to integrate with Hubitat will be the reason that I abandon Wyze. I’m already looking at replacing some Wyze hardware with Hubitat compatible. The inability to integrate the two systems is a roadblock that is becoming a deal breaker.

1 Like

Getting ready to follow your path as well.

Good by then Wyze. It was nice never getting to know you.

I have decommissioned all of my sensors given this gap. The cameras are fine but can’t justify getting into their ecosystem without better integration.

I remain hopeful but do understand they have priorities, likely Hubitat is not one of them.

I would like to provide some additional future proofing against cloud outages (yes, they are rare but the do happen) by integrating my wyze sensors and cameras into Hubitat. The reason that I would prefer hubitat would be the local integration that removes the need for a trigger from the cloud. I have looked and there is a workaround that involves creating virtual devices but is still cloud reliant.

I use my wyze motion sensor to notify me if one of my children gets out of bed at night. I have a very active 3 year old who breaks into cupboards, raids the fridge, and opens up the cleaning supply closet at night. Using the contact sensor, I have some integrations using IFTTT to, starting at night, trigger various actions (turning on lights, alert to phone, etc.). But when there is another outage of notifications, or widespread internet issues such as on the weekend of 31 August 2020, I would prefer to have a local execution of the notifications and the processing of what comes next…

4 Likes

Well said. Local is the way of the future

1 Like

Very relevant now, especially with IFTTT going with a subscription based model. I have 7-8 cameras and a bunch of sensors but am holding off on any new purchases until the local API is released. Hubitat preferably.

3 Likes

Agree. I have been relying on IFTTT to arm/disarm my Wyze Cams when we leave/arrive home. IFTTT’s new subscription model only emphasizes the need for other Wyze integration options.

3 Likes

Unless I missed a reply, does anybody find it odd that Wyze has, for the most part, been silent on this? It appears that there is enough interest in gaining Hubitat support. I know sometime ago it was put in a shut up we don’t want to talk about it category and have been silent since as far as I can tell. I would like to build up my herd of some 15 devices. But without Hubitat, it is doubtful I will.

1 Like

Agreed, I have stopped buying without hubitat support. It has been to many time for me lately that Wyze service been down.

1 Like