Phone widget request for Android

Your point?

Pretty straight forward.
It took nearly two years for Wyze to make steps toward fulfilling this wish. :slightly_smiling_face:

I, personally, have been frustrated with this not being addressed. I, not knowing what would be needed to implement this, feel it should have been added sooner. I, as a consumer of /some/ of Wyze’s products have chosen to vote with my dollars because of a lack of features and functions based on /my/ needs. Had this been implemented sooner, perhaps I would have more products from the Wyze ecosystem. I share my frustration that it’s taken so long and my guess is PanCamJeff is as well…

TL;dr - “almost 2 years later…”

I never really had a need for the widget, because Im sure when it comes if its just for rules or shortcuts I’m not going to use it because I have no shortcuts on my app, so no not frustrated with this, but frustrated with other things like not being able to view on PC.

I came here to look for this. Id love widgets for many of the wyze products I own, especially the thermostats.

A 1x1 widget that just showed current temp would be nice.
A larger one that maybe showed other stats/info would be great too

A widget for the android home screen specifically to control the Wyze plugs would be great. Quickly pressing a button on your home screen to toggle each plug on/off would make the experience much better. I use them for my air conditioners during the summer and on my 3 fish tanks to control the filters and lighting. i like the schedule feature for the fish tanks but for other applications the easy access buttons would be very handy.

Why are there no plug widgets?? My Wemo and this random china garbage I got off aliexpress has on/off widgets!

1 Like

There are single device 2x2 and device list 4x2 Android widgets in the beta app now.

What function(s) do those widgets support? Just want to get an idea before I switch to the beta app.

Not much from what I see.
The single device one suts there asking me to pick a device and never changes.
The list is just that, my list of devices.

I like being able to access my cameras without opening the Wyze app. The widgets are working pretty good actually. I prefer the smaller 2x2 widgets over the list widget. They take up less space on my screen and work much faster.

I can’t get the small one to do anything. I’ll try rebooting maybe.

I have to add a second 2x2 widget before the first one shows up. Strange bug. Then repeat until I can create four on my screen. The live stream opens immediately when I tap on the widget.

Rebooting also did the trick.
They are very large for just being a shortcut to a camera. I can resize them.

1 Like

I have been trying to resize but no luck yet. I selected the smallest grid setting but it doesn’t resize the widgets. Are you able to resize yours?

I use Nova Launcher. Resizing widgits is part of that.

Do any of these widgets let you simply toggle a smart plug on or off?

1 Like

I added a widget for a plug to see if works. It only takes me to the plug and I can turn it on and off from there.

So all these widgets do is just bring you to the device and from there you have to click what you want the device to do. I appreciate the effort, but all its doing is saving you one click to get into the app.