Pet, Package, and Vehicle Detection as well as Facial Recognition Coming to Cam Plus

Could you please stop enabling the AI functions on my cams? I have need of these cams that the beta version keeps the errors away. I have gone into the app, disabled the pet, vehicle etc and yet each time I exit and go back in it’s all enabled again. Am I going to have to move on to another cam company? First the resolution changes automatically and now this.

Sorry your having continued issues. The spirit of the beta program is to test new software (and hardware) and submit issues back to the engineers and developers to work out the kinks before its full release. I am glad that it’s working better for you in some places, but also know that each update could also bring bugs or new issues while you remain in the beta program. If you don’t want to hastle with the new feature testing, or submitting findings, and want to stay on a more stable platform, I’d say a good route to do is return to the prodution release of the app, and flash your cams to a firmware version that you find is most stable for you.

The top paragraph of the join beta page tells you what to expect in the beta program.

3 Likes

I’m sorry maybe I’m a bit confusing. I want to be a regular beta tester not the AI thingy. Does that make sense? I signed up to test AI but now I can’t get this off my production app. It keeps re enabling all the AI features even after I go in and disable. The regular beta testing (forget the AI for a moment) resolved the stupid missing fragment and fail to upload errors. Even Shawn Niu (developer of the AI and beta) mentioned that the only way to get rid of those errors is to use the beta version. But stupid as I am I wanted to try the AI which is where the trouble started because I had to go back to the public release of the app and cam firmware.

Vehicle detection seems to be working on my end. But it seems like 90% of the time it says vehicle it also says person.

Probably a big ask, but I think a useful tool would be to tag whatever motion was picked up by the AI with different colors. Keep green as the general motion, but overlay a red box to indicate what the AI determined was a person, blue for cars etc… As of right now, I have no idea what is causing the false person alerts, maybe it’s a tree that looks like a person (to the AI anyway) and I can fine tune the detection zone.

And before anyone says it, I know vehicles have people in them lol

2 Likes

So I ran a wifi analyzer and this is what I found. Where the cam is situation I should not be having an issue. The ping is 17 ms. Download is 442.01 Mbps Stability is 99.0% transmitted data 585 MB and the upload is 20.59 Mbps Stability is 93.6% Transmitted data 16MB Why there is always this issue. And again it only started up once stopped using the beta app and firmware and went back to production app and firmware. Now the cams are totally bricked no matter what I try.

I wonder if the new app released today is supposed to work with the AI features.

1 Like

I am still on the beta app until the new update arrives hopefully next week for beta, and the new AI is working good on this new update, it actually loads now on the faces tab and also in the events tab it is integrated better.

1 Like

Maybe the new production app pushed out today will help fix your issues

Issues persist in production app. (I’ve already noted in that thread and sent a new log

EDIT: my issues anyways. No idea why the forum notified me when you replied to someone else…

I have it all disabled. I’m through with it. It bricked 2 of my cams and I can’t have it brick any more. Seems nothing is being done about it. This time if I disable Cam Plus that will be it There will be no going back to that service It’s messed up cams so bad the events tab is useless

Apple has yet to have released the updated app. Typical for Apple though

So have had this working for over a week now the facial recognition works great, but I think they should make it like nest and eufy where they zoom in on the face in the snapshot. #wishlist

2 Likes

Does anyone know if, and it’s a long shot I know, if they the will allow user training ability for object ID? (The models, not the users)

Specifically, the ability to improve the Face ID ability?

I have two RPi running variants of AI/ML image recognition based on Googles Coral project, and the ability to tune the model is key to effective and accurate identification.

1 Like

Just bought 5 cam plus subscriptions today with the Black Friday deal, and then applied to be added to this (though it said my official licenses may take up to a week to be fully active, my cam plus trial is running in the meantime), really hoping they’ll me in. I am really excited about this, especially once it works with my Video Doorbell!

I hope Wyze will still let me in now that I bought 5 licenses for it! I know I’m running a bit late on applying for it, but I’d certainly love contributing to this stuff and submitting videos to help you train it.

Got added to this beta. Seems there are too many tagging buttons?

Also Ive yet to have it detect a vehicle despite a few of them being pointed at the street.

1 Like

Are you running the production app or a beta app?

Beta, but it was my understanding this was running separate from that.

We were instructed to use the production app for testing the AI.
Aside from that, beta apps normally do have bugs so , there’s a good chance the beta app has the issue.
I don’t have duplicate tags in the production app, and I also run Android.
I don’t currently have any beta apps running on any devices so I can’t check that.
It might be best to post the issue in the beta section

Thanks, I’ll run it up the chain that way. At least we’ve narrowed down where its happening.

There’s a post somewhere (I think facebook) where they said they had added the AI testing into the Beta app and it was ok to use that. I actually didnt sign up for this beta until that point because I didnt want to try to manage different software on different devices.

That might be the case, I didn’t see that