Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

Yep, I opened my own thread about that. Uggggg… Super frustrating

There is really only a handful of us reporting this on the forum so far. I wonder how many people have lost these features.

A better question is why does it happen (at all)

In the Facebook forums, it would appear it is very widespread including me. Lost all setting for ai and haven’t gotten a person detection since 10:41 pm Thursday night.

3 Likes

No problem here.

I noticed the that detected Person is no longed tagged in the Events page in the app but is still recognized and can be sorted from motion by the filters. My Alexa trigger for Person Detection still works.
I find the dunning screens for Cam Plus annoying.

I lost mine to

“Person Detection” … ? I’d be happy with camera detection. LAN and VPN cameras report unstable network and won’t stream. Bulbs work locally and remote (can tell because remote Arlo is fine). Wyze won’t get another dime from me until they support the products already in the field. It’s a shame, because the Cam3 looks nice.

2 Likes

I like a lot of others am not getting person detection push notifications for the last 48 hours. Please help.

2 Likes

I would settle for notifications I don’t get any - any longer

1 Like

Same as Me & all others

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. No PD or motion notifications, only the new sound setting is sending notifications and where I live it’s very noisy so I’m getting a ton of useless notifications of just sound but If a person walks by or comes to my door I get nothing.
This all started when this new sound integration was added(new sound, not older one from the start) as the app told me to turn it on in order to get notifications, it knew I wasn’t getting them and even highlighted the way to turn on the sound feature to try to rectify the problem, which it didn’t.

2 Likes

I’m was no longer getting any notifications (paying for PD) so I read about stuff on here and deleted the camera. When I added it back now I have the cam plus trial (didn’t know how to opt out) and am getting notifications but only on my phone and no longer on my watch. It doesn’t matter what I do, hard resets of devices turning notifications on and off, nothing has brought them back to my watch and I’m worried that once the Cam Plus trial is over they will go away again on my phone too. I also can’t figure out how to turn Cam Plus off because every time I go to sign in to services my information is not recognized. This means I can’t setup a support ticket either. I’m not sure what to do now.

3 Likes

What I hate is like today I got my refrigerated medicine delivered on the front porch. It sat out there all day because I didn’t have an alert like I usually do. If it was summertime I would probably lost $1500 worth of meds. Not good. I’m also on a very busy street and people have gotten packages stolen during the day right down the street from me. I’ll give them a couple days to get this fixed. If not then something else will need to be setup. I get no message what so ever. Only sound alerts.

3 Likes

I’ve been paying for person detection for a few months now, but since Jan 28 it hasn’t been working on any of my cameras. One camera in my garage hasn’t detected a person for a month?! I’m in there every day.
Not sure why I’m paying for something that only works sometimes. . . . Half the time it is false positives anyway.

3 Likes

Same with me. 4 v2 cams without notifications and 1 won’t stream at all.

1 Like

I have 7 V2s 3 Pan Cams 1 WCO & 1 V3 that’s 12 cameras & I no longer get any notifications at all. Sad to see Wyze is not on the ball with this. It seems that all they are doing now is Pushing early purchase of new items instead of keeping existing items working. It will eventually cost them many customers who like Me have been with them from the start. Since they cant seem to fix problems with items that have worked for so long until it all started with google streaming & now everything else is falling apart & not working. Just My Thought’s

3 Likes

Add me to the list of people having videos tagged incorrectly (if tagged at all) as the rule rather than exception.

I can’t speak for others but I haven’t posted because it does no good. I’ve opened tickets, submitted logs and posted on these forums only to get zero response over and over. Personally, I’m done. I’ll keep the plugs because they work but the cameras? There have been a few times over the last few months where I’ve said ,“look they fixed it” only to have something else stop working in short order.

3 Likes

There is something severely broken in the communications pipeline at Wyze. I find it increasingly difficult to recommend the company. It is my most sincere hope that the issues they are facing are solved quickly.

3 Likes

I’m no longer getting notifications with my person detection either. I used to have 2 cameras setup to notify me when people were detected. I went into the app, and I don’t even have the option to notify me for person detection, only motion or sound detection. I confirmed my Person Detection subscription is active and recognized. This is likely the last straw for me. I used to recommend these cameras without hesitation. Then with hesitation. Then I stopped recommending them. Now I won’t be buying anymore. I need a higher res outdoor camera, and the V3 is no longer on the list.

1 Like