Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

Okay thanks! And I guess the invoice section is where we see the past/current amount paying then.

1 Like

Cameras on Cam Plus won’t show up on that list though

I received an email in July that they were considering changing your model, but us original Wyze customers who bought under pretenses of 0/mo. wouldn’t be impacted. Nothing at that time was aid about an “Opt In” email. I don’t monitor that email regularly, my fault, but don’t find it good customer service to change your model, tell someone they aren’t impacted because that wasn’t the original terms when purchased, and then take it away after sending a negative consent Opt-In email. Again, my fault for not monitoring, but still not a good look. I might actually consider paying if this wasn’t my experience and like others said the service actually worked better. I have multiple cameras, bulbs, outlets, and was considering more of their products. They just lost a customer for life and I for sure wont be telling any more about them. Way to go Wyze…You sold out, good luck with your future

They said they would be flexible. You can contact support and tell them you missed the deadline and they might allow you into the “experiment”.

1 Like

Thanks, I tried that and it didn’t work. They said unfortunately nothing they can do. I acknowledge I missed it and was my fault so it is what it is. The end result is the same though, I’ll speak with my wallet. No doorbell, no lock in my future now!

1 Like

Sorry to hear that.

2 Likes

I really doubt Wyze support was ever told about this paragraph. Wyze doesn’t seem to have the best communication process.

4 Likes

You may be right. It seems that everyone who asked for leniency was denied. Meanwhile some got through who weren’t entitled. :frowning:

1 Like

Angus !!! How dare you question their communications, two cans and a string have always worked …sorta

1 Like

I believe that their commitment to honor their commitment to provide PD at no cost, and the subsequent scramble to increase margins due to accountability to their new investors, has resulted in asking to have their user base cover their operating expenses. and trying to justify their wish to now develop a monthly stipend from all that bought the product SPECIFICALLY because the price did NOT include a monthly income stream for their overlords (if you’ve never dealt with VCs, consider yourself lucky. the immediate and constant drive to hit that valuation…).

Sorry, but to now slam the door on users that didn’t happen to see the spam email…sorry, but honoring your commits is not a negotiation. your company either has honor, or not.

If their founders didn’t understand AWS processing costs, even though the company was founded by Amazon employees (so I’m lead to believe) then shame on them.

If they do not wish to pay for the talent to write edge processed PD, that’s their corporate decision, but it does not allow their shift of the burden to their consumers without blowback from said consumers.

Nuff said.

Edit: I made the deadline, but I’m tired of corporate BS.

1 Like

I’ve been hedging around that assumption and implying the same in many of my posts. Certainly, at the very least, it should call into question their business acumen. One of the things that makes a company stand out is the way they handle their customer service and certainly how they honor published commitments… Not sure they have a good grip on that yet.

Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 8.14.25 PM.png

2 Likes

I’m going to be irritated if all of you cheapskates get the entire program canceled because you’re too cheap to throw in a couple bucks a month for cloud processing. If you don’t want to pay for it, don’t sign up for it.

Hmm, don’t know to whom you are referring?

But if this program fails, it might be more accurate to assume that the entity that developed, proposed, and runs said new program might also be deemed responsible for its outcome.

But hey, you do you.

2 Likes

I get a lot of cars tagged as people but one could argue there are people in cars so it’s not entirely wrong.

1 Like

Wonder if people will be tagged as pets when pet detection comes out. Sorry I stole that from someone. But makes me wonder.

1 Like

It’s a PC world we live in. In order not to offend cars we are required to identify some as people. And because the Squirrel Union got ticked off we have to identify some of them as people as well.

Then the Friends of Foliage got into it so we had to identify some moving bushes and trees as both cars and people. Now I hear that the Dog and Cat collective is about to weigh in as well.

4 Likes

I know that guy lol😜

2 Likes

Ok tell him I’ll give it back lol BTW: I got the issues resolved. One was the server issues of this week and the other was due to how I had my sensitivity levels.

Cheapskate…? Really.? Okay.

How much did you sign up for, the minimum or the maximum amount for a feature that was free as part of the purchase of the camera. Since it dose not work 90% of the time, you saying your willing to pay for a broken; not fully developed software.? Well good for you. Some of us are not.

Since your concern is close to your heart and bank account, how many cameras and people are you offering to support and help pay for? None.?

Okay how much are you donating above & beyond to Wyze to help with software development for faster future AI and updates to get the person detection working to a point where it’s vaule is warranted to charge for?

Sorry you feel that not paying for sub standard AI software that doesn’t work is labeling people cheapskate’s. I/we to whom are not paying full price for it would like to be identified as frugal please; not a cheapskate.

1 Like

Thanks, I was having a crap morning, this made me smile, then the dog told me to sit, so I’m in the corner being a good boy.

1 Like