Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

Not a fan if this idea at all, it would cost more to buy and some if us get lotsa person traffic in front of our cams

Oh wow. That screenshot proves they have no intention of including WCO units (or eventual V3s) in the name your price plan. I wasn’t expecting that.

More importantly, if my current use case is that I appreciate PD for front door deliveries, why would I pay $1.48 and still miss people due to the 5 minute “cooldown” block – I actually watched this happen this morning when the mail carrier came and Wyze did nothing – when for $1.99 or less I can just get CamPlus on the main camera that monitors the front door? (And have no cooldown, no 12 second limit, etc.). For this usage paying the “fair price” for PD makes no sense.

3 Likes

I’m having same issue with no person detection for last week. Not sure if Wyze issue or my phone manufacturer. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android. I’ve reset phone to factory conditions, restarted Wyze app from scratch, but same problems. What device are you using?

You know person detection itself has nothing to do with your phone or the app, right? The camera sends the recording to a Wyze cloud server where it is analyzed for the appearance of a human. All your phone does is show the event log from the Wyze server.

Yeah, I thought I did, but the absence of a “Person” notification this last week has been unusual. The Wyze app Events tab shows Person videos, but no notification. I have all the Person notifications turned on. I’m a Cam+ subscriber. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Okay good, that’s much more clear then. You do see person detections in the Wyze app, but you are not getting notifications for them.

The bad news is I for one don’t have a whole lot of suggestions. My own notifications stopped working on an old app version. One thing people always advise is to make sure you don’t have alarms off / dozed / zzzed in the upper right of the main app screen. But there are a LOT of notification settings in Android.

Good call on the Snooze function but no, it’s not activated. You’re right about Android and all the loopholes. I feel pretty confident they’re all closed. I’ll keep working on it. It’ll work eventually. Thanks for responding and your help.

1 Like

If later down the road could we adjust to pay what we want if we have more expendable income?

Yes. You can change it monthly if you like.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Rechargeable backup battery for power outage

Actually it doesn’t prove anything. PD is working on the WCOs now in pilot, there’s no reason it wouldn’t work once the pilot is over, time will tell.

Apples vs oranges.

$1.48 for PD on ALL cams vs $1.99 for cam+ on 1 cam

1 Like

[Mod Edit]The CamPlus side reads “Works with: Cam V2, Cam Pan, Cam Outdoor (coming soon)” and the PD side has an identical line except reading “Works with: Cam V2, Cam Pan”, with the WCO conspicuously absent. Are you using a a screen reader and missed the image we are talking about?

Yeah I saw the SS, you’re assumption still doesn’t “prove” anything until Wyze clarifies.

Better another service. Continuous Person detection without cool down and no cloud storage for a reasonable monthly/yearly subscription On a customer basis. No need for cloud storage if we have SD cards.

Umm ok, I didn’t quite follow your response[Mod Edit] but I have sd cards in all my cams but still subscribe to cam+ on 4 cams.

WYZE can’t do Person Detection without cloud storage. That is the point of this thread.
The clips have to be uploaded to be analyzed.
The storage isn’t the major cost, it’s the processing.

1 Like

tried clearing Chrome browser cache. Same issue. However, it turns out that it works on Safari.

1 Like

Of course it can. There is no need to have cloud storage to detect a person. Once the person is detected in the uploaded video then it can be flagged and viewed from the sd card.then the Cloud video can be binned saving storage cost. Then the only cost is the person detection computational power.

You contradicted yourself in your explanation. :blush:
The clip has to be stored in the cloud to be analyzed. Yes, it can then be deleted but that’s irrelevant. Like I said, the storage space isn’t the expensive part.

Forgot to mention, this was another unfortunate reading comprehension issue. My post was very clear that I was talking about a particular use case of one camera monitoring front door deliveries. Nothing apples and oranges about it. [Mod Edit]