Person Detection Update: A New Experiment for Premium Features

It’s true. I noticed this because whenever I lose internet for an extended period (either from the ISP having an outage, or my router having some issue), I have large blank spots of nothing recorded at all on any of my cams’ SD cards for that period even though I have them set to record 24/7. I didn’t know the limit was 1.5 hrs though, I thought it shut off recording MUCH sooner than that…I could have sworn sometimes it was off way less time than that when recording shut down, but perhaps that was because it took me a while to notice in the first place.

You’re right, all it takes is for someone to know that knocking out internet kills the Wyze Cams…that’s why when I saw someone trying to sell some sign advertising that their house was protected by Wyze (like people do for other home security companies), I just shook my head and wondered why on earth anyone would want to announce what your home security weaknesses are…crazy. All I would do is put a general security sign, not the exact brand so they easily know all the weaknesses and can easily bypass it.

I agree, they really need to make this a priority, at the very least for V3.

1 Like