Person Detection Triggering 5-10 times per event

Thanks for the update.

Update from AI team, the multiple Alexa notification issue is resolved. Please update your camera to the latest and see if the problem is solved. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not showing any firmware updates, I’m using iOS.

Derrick Jones

Thanks! I just turned all my Alexa routines back on and will test this out…though I just realized that some of them won’t work for me until the following beta issue gets resolved for upsidedown V3’s (since the Cam Plus AI detection is not currently working on inverted V3’s with the lastest Beta, and a lot of my Alexa Routines relied on Person Detection as a trigger):

Since a lot of my Alexa routines involved upside down V3’s I may have to wait for that resolution to be able to be sure the main Alexa bugs were resolved for me, but I will test on what I can for now and let you guys know if there is anything significant to report now or after the other issue is also resolved. :slight_smile:

I am also not seeing any firmware updates. My V2 camera is on 4.9.7.675
What version should we be looking for that has the fixes?

for the v2 it is fixed on the cloud side.

for the v3, please use the beta app from TestFlight or Google play to update the firmware to 4.36.3.18

1 Like

It worked! Only one notification on v3 and v2!

2 Likes

After a couple of days of testing and trying to make the routines fail again, I feel confident in saying you guys did it. All my routines with both Alexa and Wyze direct have been re-enabled again with confidence after testing showed everything is back to normal. Thanks for all you guys do!

1 Like

I just updated and now my Alexa skills says person detection is disabled on several of my cams. I have checked and it’s not

Derrick Jones

Question, are you using Cam Plus or Legacy Person Detection on those particular cams?

Legacy Person Detection does USUALLY work with Alexa, but there has been some kind of bug where sometimes if you are in Beta, some V2 cams with Legacy PD sometimes lose access to that trigger through Alexa, and we can’t fully figure out why or how to get it to stay on Alexa. I had a couple of cams with this issue. One thing we found to temporarily fix the issue was to go in and edit the name of the cam in the Wyze app (some people would even leave the name the same as it already was, not even actually changing it), then click save and go back to Alexa and refresh and Alexa suddenly allows the trigger again, at least for a while…then it disappears again. It doesn’t happen with all cams either, just some of them. I don’t recall hearing of any resolution ever happening on that issue, and I now use Cam Plus on most of those faulty cams, so it’s not an issue I experience anymore…but if you are using Legacy PD, I am guessing that might be what’s going on. If so, I am sure someone here (maybe even me) can go find that old thread for you browse through about the Alexa Person Detection Trigger issues and what we all found in all our testing. Or are you using Cam Plus on those cams?

I did go check through my cams on Alexa though, and it is allowing me to use them as normal and use Person Detection as a trigger with Cam Plus or with Legacy Person Detection. So your issue isn’t affecting everyone using Wyze…this is why I was guessing you might have the Legacy PD Alexa issue. If so, let me know and one of us will try to dig up that thread so we can revive it and hope Wyze can look into the issue now that we have some awesome employees who have been helping out recently.

Interesting. I am supposed to have legacy person detection but it hasn’t worked for months and so I thought it had simply been lost somewhere in all the changes.

After reading your descriptions, I checked both of my V2 cameras In alexa. One of them says I need to upgrade to use person detection and the other one says person detection is disabled. The latter has cam Plus and so regardless of whether or not I have legacy PD, Alexis shouldn’t be reading it as having person detection turned off.

Derrick69, I would be interested to see how this situation compares to your own - legacy PD versus cam Plus. Carver, I tried the name change save trick, but it didn’t work.

Here is what I am noticing with my setup. To set the stage: I use Alexa with my wife’s account and Wyze is my account. Same phone.

I have CamPlus on my outdoor cameras and can stream them to Alexa. However, when I go into Alexa, I only see Motion Detected for my Camera’s except for one which show Person Detection. The one which shows Person Detection has a Trial of CamPlus associated to it from my wife’s phone or Wyze Account (This is another issue as she did not setup CamPlus and I shared that Camera with her).

So it seems to me that Person Detection will show up as long as the Alexa Account is the same as the Wyze Account. I will verify this by switching my Alexa account on the Phone and see if the others appear with Person detection.

Edit: I changed my email address to the one I use with Wyze. However, all of my devices and Rules disappeared from my Alexa list. I assume this happened because Alexa associates the email account to the routines and devices. I put my email address back and it worked again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.