Person Detection stopped working today

Can you find out what the owner sees for the people detection result? Wondering if it is a share bug.

1 Like

I don’t know what she sees yet , she said she was setting up person detection last night.
I’m going over there tomorrow And I will see what she sees

1 Like

I figured that was the case.

Am I supposed to see Share button on my cameras That are not set for person Detection ?

My cameras with person detection seemed to work Good .
I haven’t even tested my person detection in 3 or 4 days Cameras inside are turned off And there’s no people around Here outside, and I haven’t been out in front of the cameras that have person detection set

Regardless of whether you have person detection turned on or not, any cameras that are on your personal account, there should be a “Share” selection in “Device Settings”.

I’m talking about" Help us improve AI by sharing this one video " Share button at the bottom When viewing An event clip

Ugh, sorry about that. Yes, you should see a share button at bottom-right.

The question is Am I supposed to see That button at the bottom right on the cameras that I do not have Person detection set Because I do not see that on those cameras

No

I guess I was confused because of how this question was worded. Sorry, again…

No, I’m sorry I try to make things clear but I guess I didn’t.
So I guess my cameras are working properly with the Person detection,
I don’t know what’s going on over there at the cat room There is less Cats being Tagged as people today on my end

My person detection only worked on two of my five cameras for one day, the day of update. I also stopped receiving motion notifications on all my devices, one pan camera no longer records any events, and none of my cameras are recording motion on the installed SD cards :frowning:
I hope that they fix this bug with a new update. Camera’s worked perfect before the update

Agreed, try power cycling and if that doesn’t work uninstalling and reinstalling.

1 Like

I have one V2 cam. On multiple occasions Person Detection has stopped working on its own despite the service still being enabled. A power cycle of the camera fixes it temporarily for a half-day.

On Tuesday 7/9 I the updated Android app and updated the firmware on the cam. All was working well and as expected. Person Detection was working for three or four days. I noticed on Saturday morning that I was no longer receiving notifications for Person Detection. I went into the app, and found that since in the Events tab there were several motion events recorded (12-second clips) with people in them (full body, facing the camera, no obstructions or fast movement), yet none of them since Friday afternoon were flagged with the Person icon as they had been the 3 or 4 days prior. I submitted them all through the app for AI improvement. I confirmed that both sound and motion events were still set to record, all notifications were still enabled (Sound, Motion, and Person), and that the Person Detection was still enabled for the cam under in the Wyze Service section of the app. I restarted the cam several times through the app and attempted to test Person Detection, but it still didn’t work, I disabled Person Detection Wyze Service, then power cycled the cam (unplugged, waited a minute and plugged back in) and re-enabled the Wyze service and Person Detection started working again. Later that afternoon it stopped working again, so I power cycled and it started working again, The same thing happened Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Each of those days I had to power cycle to get Person Detection to work again. Each time that I did the Show Wyze Logo setting would re-enable itself, even though I had disabled it through Advanced Settings. Just now (Tuesday morning) I deleted the device (first time I’ve tried this step), power cycled, and re-added it and re-enabled the Wyze Service. It’s working again. I’ll keep an eye out and update if this doesn’t fix it long term.

So far it’s been working for me as long as I don’t shut the Wyze App down and when there is a notification on my phone, I have to turn the Person Detection filter OFF then back ON for the most recent video to show up.
It doesn’t get loaded automatically for me.
It’s been working this way on both Android 9 and IOS 13 public beta.

I have 3 wyze cams and I updated the app and firmware to 4.9.4.108 and two of the 3 cameras are detecting people but one is not. I did everything right and exactly the same on all three cameras plus I rebooted the one not detecting people but still no luck…any suggestions?

Person Detection seems to have stopped working again. It was working all day yesterday. This morning I’ve had three motion events with people clearly in it (full body visible and large in the frame), but in the Events tab they’re not flagged with a person, and I only got the motion notification, not person.

Update: This evening right before going to bed I deleted the camera from my account, removed the SD card, performed a factory reset of the cam, added the cam back and set it up again and enabled Person Detection, formatted the SD card, and power cycled. All settings stuck after power cycle, and confirmed Person Detection is working again. We’ll see if it remains working.

John, et al, you are singing my song. Wize Cam V2. has not detected any people since installed the new ‘person’ update. Reading this, I just turned that off, restarted the Cam. hope it helps. My issue forever has been every bird, every breeze ‘triggered leaf’ has sent a recording. When I press ‘person’, all of them delete because that is all I ever get. I am on my patio daily and it hasn’t seen me since I updated. I’m beyond frustrated.
Alexa

This post was really helpful. I found that since the upgrade the settings were off and there was a setting the needed to be turned on for person. Thanks for posting and sending the summary.

Blockquote
John, et al, you are singing my song. Wize Cam V2. has not detected any people since installed the new ‘person’ update. Reading this, I just turned that off, restarted the Cam. hope it helps. My issue forever has been every bird, every breeze ‘triggered leaf’ has sent a recording. When I press ‘person’, all of them delete because that is all I ever get. I am on my patio daily and it hasn’t seen me since I updated. I’m beyond frustrated.
Alexa
Blockquote

Yup, that’s my issue exactly as well. Others keep saying the person setting is turned off or something but that’s not the case for me… I can re-verify daily it’s turned on for each camera but most if not all exhibit this behavior.
Still a broken feature for me. I also submitted a support ticket and no response after providing details of the issue.
A couple times I’ve tried turning the ‘service’ off and on and redoing the option for each camera… it works for a short time then back to broken so that’s not a fix either.

Oddly, my front camera, pan, works fine w person detection.

i have a few cams as well that refuse to trigger on a person. the rest work perfectly. the problem cams are one pan the other is a v2.