Person detection requires firmware update?

person detection says firmware update needed however in the camera it says firmware is up to date

1 Like

In order for the community, and Wyze, to assist you better, please always provide all of the following.

• Phone/tablet type and OS version on phone/tablet
  • Wyze app version (instructions here)
  • Firmware version installed on Wyze device ( Device settings (gear icon top-right) ā†’ Device Info ā†’ Installed firmware version)

This is needed because ā€œlatestā€ and ā€œup to dateā€ are subjective to when a post is added to the forum. (It is also important to distinguish whether an issue is actually with a beta version, as opposed to a public release.)

1 Like

Same wonā€™t enable even though updated 4 cams 2 are pans

Andrew ,
Thank You for the reply. I appreciate the response. Iā€™m sure we arenā€™t the only ones with the same issue. Itā€™s likely others with the same issue will respond as well, and if so hopefully we can figure out what we have in common.

It is very likely Wyze is already aware of the issue.

Anyone else who cannot enable person detection please chime in

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

Iā€™ve the same problem too. Message: ā€œPerson Detection is temporarily unavailable on the below devicesā€.
Wyze app v2.9.29
Cam 2 firmware 4.9.5.105
Plugin version 1.2.3.32
Bridge firmware 0.0.0.33
Wifi signal strength 99%
Xiaomi Mi A1, android 9

Hi @marcel.bajac. From looking at the info you provided, it appears you are on the beta version of the app. Wyze is still in the final phases of testing Person Detection, and there was a call out to beta testers to ask to be white-listed for that. I would recommend checking out the below threads. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for your support. Iā€™ve just enlisted to the waiting list.
Now Iā€™m hoping to be one of the privileged users to try person detection. thanks

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Who and where do we send clips with person detection correction info? I remember reading something about it in the beta email, but have since deleted the email on accident.

When you view the event video there should be a ā€˜Help us improve the AI by sharing this video with WYZEā€™ and a share button next to it

1 Like