Person Detection is Going Live - 07/09! 🎉

To All Our Early Access Backers:

Sharing the news to all of you before it gets posted everywhere. Saw this post on our social channels last week?

We are launching Person Detection tomorrow, powered by AI directly on your camera!

Drop by during our Live AMA session tomorrow and feel free to send your questions ahead of time. It’s been out for our beta testers and has been circulating in different channels but at least now you know that it’s not… outdoor camera (yet) :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Sounds good, had an idea that is what it would be, for the most part it has been working well for me,

3 Likes

WHAT!!
No sharks with lasers?

6 Likes

Thanks Mark. Glad to be a part of trying to make it better along the way. Hopefully it’s just the start and vehicle detection will be added back in and improved. Then facial recognition would be awesome. Don’t want an alert if it recognizes my family members, just a stranger.

3 Likes

@WyzeMark excellent news glad it has come this far!!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing with us Mark! Don’t listen to the haters that I’m sure will chime in that they were expecting this or that… Personally I like the ability to receive notifications for person detection, and ignore notification for other motion (shadows, insects, headlights). (But I can always look at the events to see what else I may have missed) :grinning:

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too And yeah it is a big deal

1 Like

That is great. Thanks, Mark. Looking forward to the new feature. :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

You are right it is a big deal

3 Likes

Because our tech leads didn’t sleep in order to meet the deadlines, we will consider this as a big deal :sweat_smile: On a serious note, from a technology standpoint this will open opportunities for us to offer better detection and alerts to improve the overall experience. The team is very excited to make this work and have the rest of our community try it out!

8 Likes

From what I understand it Detects Animals as people, If this is correct, that’s good for people that want to keep an eye on their Animals
EDIT : it is not supposed to Detect animals If Person detection only is set

1 Like

I have come across instances where it does, but usually if the animal is fairly large

1 Like

I wasn’t testing it but I was keeping an eye on it

With the most recent beta update, I haven’t received “person” notifications for raccoon or skunk going through my yard (at night). (Early in the testing process that would give me false alarm as a person).

1 Like

OK , so I will wait and see How it is when I get to play with it tomorrow morning, instead of asking a bunch more questions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Mark! I think people are going to love this feature! As always, amazed at the level of WYZE’s commitment to customer communication. Makes us all feel like we’re part of the family!

1 Like

I’ll be the one to say it… Really? This is it? Disappointing.

I couldn’t care less about Person Detection when I have a cam set up to monitor a bird feeder - give me the ability to get my own files off my camera. That’s something useful. But Person Detection on a camera that you’re not selling as a security device? I don’t get it…

1 Like

New Wyze Cam feature coming soon!
This offer has expired!

Oh no… I missed it! :slight_smile:

Bummer, had hoped there would be a little bit more then Person detection alone.
Still very cool and hope to hear more about it. I have been using it in beta and found it reliable.

And FYI - Person Detection doesn’t (appear to) work with motion sensors. I walked onto my porch yesterday, got an event video, but no :walking_man: indication. I purchased the motion sensor to minimize the faulty events - like bugs - so turning camera motion back on just to get Person Detection is wasting the $20 I spent for motion detectors.

1 Like