Person detection and night time alerts?

Hey guys, so I have V2 cams I have Cam+ and at night I’d like to be alerted in a way that will wake me up if a person is detected.

I have the app on my IPhone and during the day that’s fine though I hope the wishlist item of having a separate alert sound to the default iOS notification is one day delivered. But at night I use DND because I don’t want calls, texts and other apps disturbing my sleep. I do however want to be woken for person detection on my Wyze cams.

Unfortunately iOS doesn’t have any DND exception capabilities so I’m basically finding myself setting up a second device with only the Wyze app on it to alert me… are there any cheap buzzer devices that could be used with Wyze rules? With or without a Wyze plug? Any other options?

Alexa dot goes for 30 bucks every so often …
You can use Camel Camel Camel to notify you when the price drops.

Set Alexa routine to schedule Wyze Person Detection to run at what ever nighttime hours you like.

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Dot/dp/B07FZ8S74R

1 Like

Alexa will work with the Wyze sense devices and provide loud time-of-day based alarms. This is one I use for a nighttime car breaking alarm. It works-and loudly!

At the moment it seems Alexa only works with Person Detection change of state on the V2’s.

1 Like

I got the Echo Flex for the bedroom, had no idea this model existed. Was $10 with a free smart bulb on Prime day. Got my bedroom nighttime alert with a red alert sound and my office just with an Alexa announcement as sometimes it’s hard to hear the doorbell.

1 Like