Permissions management: Viewing privileges only needed

Hi Wyze community. I hope one of the experts here could shed some light into my inquiry. I’ve several Wyze Cam Pan 1080P devices installed in one residence in the US and in another residence in the Caribbean. All cameras are working well and can be viewed remotely without a problem provided WiFi is stable. For the residence outside the US, I’d like to give viewing privileges only to the caretakers. However, I could not locate any settings during the initial camera setup addressing permissions management. Is it possible to assign viewing-only privileges to individuals while preventing them from making changes to the account and/or camera settings? Did I miss any critical information during the camera setup? Thank you in advance.

Welcome, HexumVan. You can share your camera with their Wyze account. However, be aware your camera’s audio also get’s shared, and there is nothing you can do about that, short of removing the microphone:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029780732-Sharing-Your-Camera

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your prompt response! This is exactly the information I was seeking. Now I feel comfortable sharing the remote cameras while having peace of mind that the individuals won’t be able to change my settings.

2 Likes

They can change some , They can turn on/off notifications They can also turn the camera off or on ,
with the Cam Pan they can change the position of the camera with pan and tilt

5 Likes

there is a Wishlist topic that you can vote for. Wyze is currently researching what permissions shared users should have.

vote here.

5 Likes

Thank you for alerting me of the wishlist topic, Bam. I just voted.

2 Likes