Permanent Smart Outdoor Holiday Lights

Permanent Smart Outdoor Christmas Lights!

There are NO reasonably cheap and worthy DIY Smart Christmas Light Kits. The current offerings are still very rough or if you purchase thru another vendor, very expensive! Wyze - please help! Happy Holidays

Ideally something similar to: https://www.jellyfishlighting.com/

In the meantime, if all you need is smart power you can add a Wyze Outdoor Plug to your existing Christmas lights (double outlet currently about $17 w/shipping).

1 Like

Or you can get elaborate like me:

5 Likes

Holy Cow, lol. Hope you have tolerant neighbors! :joy:

Actually my neighbors love it. That video is from 2014 - my first year with computerized lighting. One of these years I will get more videos shot, edited and posted. Planned on it last year, but got Covid shortly after I get the show fully running, so did not do any serious video shooting…

1 Like

Love it. Been going back and forth on what to do. We paid a fortune for smart home lights from Home Depot in 2019. They lasted ONE SEASON - so three months. The next year only a few lights lit up on the string, junk. How much do you put into something like this? I’m always hesitant because of third party dependencies etc, stuff failing not being able to replace etc. Cost for lights, what kind of lights you even use? Probably have to buy/use a pc I’m guessing and/or raspberry pis or something? Then I know I’ve seen in the past various power options people are running wires through the attic etc. You have any builds posted online? I may just have to cave and do something like this. One thing I thought would be super cool, is like to build a giant led matrix board, that has like super mario on it or something, and they could connect to the wifi for it and play the game on it, or just plain build some interactive display where they can draw on it with their finger from their mobile device etc.

1 Like

Obviously the arches and tree and lights on the eves are only there for a couple months, but the brick columns, tree rings, roses, and porch steps are year round (and used every night).
Rather than a long discussion here, I will PM you.

I don’t need them to permanent, actually I’d prefer they aren’t. I wish wyze would make Christmas lights, that are color changing and with some basic “programs” for color changing patterns similar to the light strips.

1 Like

Just buy color shifting christmas lights and use wyze outdoor to turn on/off.

I think this would be a great idea… whole-house Christmas/Holiday light display in-a-box! Think about all the cool controls a wifi app would enable I’ma system like this… from custom rolling patterns, scheduling, maybe even synch with music, heck an outdoor speaker option even. Think of all the add-on potential to have a base system plus extra sets of lights/etc. This would really be a hot seller especially if partnerships with stores like Home Depot continue to develop. What a great gateway product to attract more foot traffic and eyes on other Wyze products. Anyway, please consider!

2 Likes

year round permanent holiday lighting / accent lighting.

Year-round LED holiday and accent lighting.

similar to https://www.trimlight.com/

1 Like

I love this idea! I am tired of buying these Christmas lights every year and having to replace them. I’ve even tried buying more expensive Christmas lights, then: half the string works, gotta get out the string checking gun, still can’t find the bulb(s) that are out or the wiring issue, throw away the d*%# things and start all over. Wyze: please come to the rescue!

1 Like

Govee just released this concept. I’m sure Wyze can create something better at a more attractive price point. I do like you can download community created light animation presets and use the lights year round.

1 Like

Wyze Christmas Light String.

Wyze light strip pro is great, but it is truly not meant to be twisted all around and shoved in a tree. It would be great to have a more traditional string of lights with a black or green wire that could be strung indoors as Christmas lights. The software could be just the same as the light strip pro, just spread the bulbs out a little, put them on a wire instead of a strip, and it would be perfect. I think there is a company called Twinkly that does this, but of course they are expensive. Wyze could do it for a similar price to the light strip pro and I would buy loads.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

I totally agree! I love the concept and style that Govee recently released where it’s less of a light strip and has RGBIC lights spaced out. It gives the lights a more traditional look especially for use as Christmas lights. Being able to install once and control each light separately is awesome and Govee did a pretty good job but their products are always so expensive! I know Wyze can create something better and budget friendly.

1 Like

Outdoor decorative lights

Outdoor decorative lights that change color via Wyze app to celebrate any holiday or season. Lights you can install once and leave up all year long.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

2 Likes

Outdoor Permanent Lighting Strips

This christmas showed me that we need permanent lighting outside instead of putting christmas lights every year. Your indoor power light strips need to evolve so that it can be used outside.

1 Like

I have also been looking for permanent outdoor lights. The Govee ones listed above are my top choice of what is available. I have a Wyze smart home (cams, outdoor cams, garage cams, thermostat, color light bulbs, outdoor plugs, robo-vac, monitoring, door sensors, locks, scale, and earbuds) and would love to add outdoor RGBIC lights to my collection.
Wyze, please add this to your to do list. :slight_smile: You will sell a lot of these. Go check out Govee’s site and see all the unhappy customers due to no inventory.

1 Like

I agree would love to see similar Govee Outdoor Permanent Lights product for Wyze. I would buy them immediately. You know it’s a guaranteed money maker when Govee 2 weeks ago admitted out of all their products that specific one cannot be kept in shelves and they can’t keep up with the demand. Strike while the iron is hot!

Please make something like this.

1 Like

Still waiting as well for outdoor lighting by Wyze. Spotlights, official color bulbs, light strips, etc… :slight_smile: