Periodic O2 reading for Wyze Band/Watch (Sleep Apnea Mode)

The Wyze Watch has an O2 sensor that works well for blood oxygenation. The watch also has an option to have it check your pulse every 5 minutes (good feature!)

What I would like to see is a similar option for the O2 sensor. I know that the O2 sensor uses more energy from the battery so it would be more like a mode that you set your watch for a set period of time, for instance at night.

The idea would be to set your watch to like a diagnostic sleep mode or sleep recording mode that would monitor your sleep and also monitor your O2 levels. It should be a mode or something so that when you activate it the user understands that the battery might only last one night.

FItbit and some others claim to use the O2 sensor at night for sleep monitoring, but I don’t think they actually do, or if they do they don’t record the values into a graph that can be observed.

A use case for this feature would be for someone who has or suspects having sleep apnea, asthma, and various other conditions. Someone who has sleep apnea or might not know if they have it could use this mode to see their blood oxygenation levels drop periodically at night. There are various other use cases this could be used for.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Your submission has been merged (see below). Please hop on over there and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

=================

A post was merged into an existing topic: Need continuous or scheduled oxygen test on Wyze Watch