Pepe' Le Pew & Friends

I am posting a lot less lately. So, less to respond to.
You’ll catch up. :joy:

2 Likes

Carver is the Nate Silver / Steve Kornacki stats maven of the forum. (At least when it comes to polling his own popularity. :wink: )

Only real news here is that @Newshound has a first name. :wink:

2 Likes

You’ve always been able to see that by just clicking on my user icon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t like to pry.

2 Likes

Nobody to share with and no cat to deal with, Happy :raccoon: :raccoon:

3 Likes

A neighbor leaves food out for the trash pandas. They are on an extended vacation so the critters are coming to our house.

Oh and that is a Wyze floodlight cam.

2 Likes

I just put out some marshmallows every 2 or 3 days. The dust up with the cat the other day was over a chicken bone, so the cat must have ordered take-out because I haven’t put any out there in weeks. About every 2 weeks I used to put out a small pork chop bone for Petronella Possum because she looks like she is eating for more than one :astonished: The !@#$%^& neighborhood cats have been stealing everything I put out now except marshmallows before any other critters show up. It isn’t that I don’t like cats, I just think they should be “House Cats” and stay in the house. Everyone in the neighborhood has cats and they just let them out to go where ever they (“go”) which is my garden and yard. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Several years ago we had a family of raccoons

After I relocated them I found out that because they are a fur bearing animal, if they are trapped they either are killed for the pelt, they are released nearby.

1 Like

A cheap Samsung J3 burner phone running the AlfredCamera app. Unless you have a phone with a removeable and replaceable battery, I don’t recommend Alfred… phones aren’t designed to shoot video 24/7 and the battery will eventually swell and go boom. Come to think of it… :thinking: Alfred is how I found Wyze. :rofl:

1 Like

This stupid cat wasted 15 minutes of the critter cam’s battery life last night by staking out the water bowl. Guess I will have to turn on all motion notifications for this cam and try the siren. :face_exhaling:

Adventures off Mister Smelly. :joy:

2 Likes

Aww, but the kitty is cute and doesn’t smell bad

1 Like

He hasn’t “smelled” yet and hope it stays that way. Of course I would like him that great the annoying stakeout cat just once . :rofl: :rofl: I did try the siren and yelling at the cat last night, scored zero points. The cat just came over and looked into the cam and went back about his business.

2 Likes

This is one trash panda I relocated before I found out that isn’t allowed.

This raccoon didn’t know what to make of the cam pan

1 Like

It seems odd that you’re not allowed to relocate them. I know in areas around me there is a hunting and trapping season for small game. I would think that you would be able to relocate them during that time of year?

I was told the same thing here in California a few years ago. I had a gang of raccoons under my house and was told I had to get a licensed trapper and that I couldn’t trap and release myself. The trapper wanted $235.00 for each trap and the only place the raccoons would get relocated to is in the Raccoon Morgue -Aka, Trash can/Landfill.
I got the traps at Home Depot and relocated them all in the a nearby park. :upside_down_face:

I wonder who lobbied for that law. :slight_smile:

This is what Fish and Wildlife California states. Also each county and or city may impose stricter rules. And as for Raccoons they may be considered varmints/nuisance animals but they are also classified as Fur bearing animals which is another whole set of rules.
" If you decide to do your own trapping, be aware you are not allowed to relocate any wildlife you catch. If an animal is trapped, it must be quickly killed or released in the immediate area of where the animal was trapped. Driving the animal to a faraway meadow or park away from your house and “relocating” it is not a legal option. Relocating nuisance wildlife not only relocates the problem but also places the critter into an area where it has no established shelter or food and water source, and could potentially spread disease. Also, keep in mind that it is spring time and many adult animals may have babies soon, so causing orphans through trapping should be avoided.
Trapping rules are for public safety and animal welfare reasons. Before venturing into nuisance wildlife trapping, you should read and understand California Code of Regulations Title 14, section 465.5 entitled “
Use of traps” available online at www.wildlife.ca.gov/Regulations

Petronella and her raccoon friends are safe as long as the stay around here and don’t get under the house again. Forget about Mr. Smelly also, I’m not trapping him :skunk:

2 Likes

Same as in Illinois but I haven’t researched enough to know if killing is an option.

First coon I trapped was transported in my trunk and released across the street from where I worked which is about 25 miles away.
2 days later my boss (who is amused with my raccoon issues) texts me a photo of a raccoon in the dumpster. I have worked there 40 years and all we ever had in the dumpster was squirrels. What are the odds of that being the same raccoon? I think pretty good. I played dumb and told him raccoons are all over. They made a ramp so it could get out

I had to have a Possum Funeral this morning. I found a very young possum about 2-3 months old floating in a large tub of water I have in the front yard for watering plants. I did no try CPR or mouth to snout either. R.I.P. Possum. I decided not to include a real picture but this will suffice. :cry:.