Patio door locks

One item in home security that doesn’t seem to be available are Patio door locks with key pads, auto lock and unlock or connectivity to a system. The closest option I found is this; [link removed]. But they never got backing and it’s not enough to just have a key pad. Now keep in mind this doesn’t exist. No one makes a patio door lock with a key pad that reuses the latch lock mechanism. Since Wyze is getting into the home security world with doors locks, I think the patio door lock would set Wyze apart from all others and complete the security of a typical home. Let me know if you have any questions. I’m happy to clarify.

[Mod Edit]: Reference link removed as referenced kickstart product never came to fruition. Link’s domain as been overtaken by a Macanese paywalled gaming site.

@suv1, don’t forget to vote for your own #wishlist topic. :slight_smile:

Would be a nice addition to the lock format. There are dumb keypad versions available in addition to the example above. The dumb versions range from $100 to $300 from what I see on Amazon. Would be nice to see a smart version at a good price range.

Bump

I need to take it back off and paint the spacer plate now to white to match the door. I used the existing internal components from the original slider Lock and just put the metal rod inside the Wyze lock turning part. Worked like a charm… Now if I could just get the Wyze lock to with with Google home Assistant, then that would have made this perfect

4 Likes

Do you have a step by step on how you did that?

1 Like

Cool idea, does the auto lock work? I’m asking because the calibration only shows the process for regular doors, at an angle, instead of sliding doors.

1 Like

You definitely inspired me to try this as well! Would love to see any updated pictures if you have them!