Parking Lot Camera

We are looking for a solution for our business and are hoping that WYZE can provide for us. We would like to place outdoor cams to monitor our parking lot, for security as well as monitoring for accidents. Are we able to pull footage from cams from anytime of the day?
An instance would be when there is an accident in the parking lot and we would like to see who is at fault, could we pull up the video footage from any time of the day? Thanks for the assistance and for making a great product at an affordable price!

Make sure you add an external Infrared Light shining on the lot… much better results for night time recording.

Chas

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

With the V2 and Pan cameras you can use SD cards to record continuously. This will allow you to go back through to find incidents.
The cameras aren’t good enough to read plate numbers.

3 Likes

Wyze Outdoor cameras do not offer continuous recording. Though, lots of people use the indoor cams and make waterproof housings for them.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze community!
Everyone’s got some great contributions!
I would (obviously) segust you use an outdoor housing if you’re going to use the V2 or pan cameras.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Wyze+outdoor&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

3 Likes

I would get one to try but my experience with 6 cameras is you cannot bet that anything you really need will be there. Camera misses periods of time , need reboots. So you get what you pay for. One suggestion is to have significant overlap on the field of views so if you miss something with one camera, you “might” get it on the other camera.

Continuous recording also seems to be a little bit more reliable in my testing and experience.

2 Likes

I’ve seen other talk about rebooting as a way to fix things. It would be nice to script a reboot - does anybody know if this is possible? For example, let’s say it’s a busy parking lot during the day but I could afford to miss a minute at midnight for a nightly reboot, Further, with multiple cameras with shared fields of view, you could stagger the reboots to 12:00 for camera 12:05 for camera 2, etc

Another solution would be to use a wyze plug as the power source to the camera and use IFTTT to reboot on a scheduled basis ???

1 Like

You could put the camera(s) on a smart plug.(Wyze or other brand).

You could also use rules in the Wyze app.
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/search/click?data=BAh7CjoHaWRsKwhHZaDTUwA6CXR5cGVJIgxhcnRpY2xlBjoGRVQ6CHVybEkiWmh0dHBzOi8vc3VwcG9ydC53eXplY2FtLmNvbS9oYy9lbi11cy9hcnRpY2xlcy8zNjAwMzI3ODk4MzEtVXNpbmctUnVsZXMtd2l0aC1XeXplLVBsdWcGOwdUOg5zZWFyY2hfaWRJIik1NzFhODc0ZS04NjAwLTRhNzgtOTZjNy05Yzc1ZTRlMGMwMzIGOwdGOglyYW5raQY%3D--052862a89be27c12a9641d9ea4797c3842c689e7

2 Likes

I’ve found that sometimes it’s a combination of re-booting needed in order to bring stability… (That process would involve the router as well as the cameras.)

I think the wifi configuration on your router will have an affect as well… With some routers, it will buffers/caches data/info. along with the wifi devices holding onto a dhcp address…This is why it may take some tinkering (re-booting/ re-configuring wifi settings.)

1 Like

I use the rules for a few other things and didn’t even think of it for the plug/camera - great suggestion.

2 Likes