Paranormal Activity

Hi, thanks for replying. I still haven’t found an explanation, but I haven’t heard knocks or had them recorded for probably a couple of months. And we didn’t only get them on the cams, we have heard them ourselves so that’s why I know it’s not the cams. We were hearing knocks and other strange things before we even got the cams.

I’m like you, I don’t immediately believe everything is paranormal or spiritual in nature. I wouldn’t say I debunk, but I try to find any reasonable explanation first for when I experience something extraordinary rather than just assume it’s paranormal. Just an FYI, I also do Reiki! And although I’m psychic I don’t do readings. I’m starting a business out of my home for Reiki and Shiatsu :grin:

That’s great Persephone. I’ve run the sound track through another program and can’t hear any disembodied voices either, so the thing I keep going back to is something with the cameras or environment. The house has been still when many of the knocks have come through so not sure what’s happening. I’ve only had the cameras for 2 weeks and had 2 set up in my healing work room for a week now. It’s great that you also do Reiki and could be a connection - we have friends in high places, as you know. :grin: Anyway, I’ll continue to keep notes and try to debunk as I can. It’s one simple knock, several times within a 24 hour period without any cycle to it.

Feel free to share here what else you end up with if you get more! I’m interested to hear what else you might get, or how long your knocking goes on for. Would you be able to post a recording?

For us it was the weirdest thing hearing those knocks, but then to have it suddenly stop was just as weird, and kind of makes it seem like more proof that it actually is paranormal. Because if there was a “normal” explanation for it, then it should continue, there should be a pattern, and there should be a reason for it to happen as well as a reason for it to stop. I do look for proof, but when I can’t find any explanations then I have to allow myself to believe it could be paranormal because I’ve had many paranormal experiences in my life. It’s easy for me to be inclined to believe and accept it. I know it’s not for everybody and that’s ok. I’m open to anyone’s ideas and opinions.

Nice talking to you Towanda. Good luck with your Reiki! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, I’ll be happy to post some videos once I pull them from the cameras or app. The knocks are the same tone as yours, however, sometimes lighter or harder. Some have sounded as though there is talking with it, however, I have YouTube constantly running for my dogs when I’m not home so I’d have to turn up the video volume and listen to what is being picked up (debunking first). I too have had a lot of experiences and am a deeply spiritual person/ energy worker, so if it’s paranormal, I would not be surprised at all. You’ll appreciate this - I was going through the videos last night to document times of the sounds and viewing the other cameras at the time of the sound. I wanted to see if the other cameras triggered at the same time in the event I was picking up sound from elsewhere in the house. I found a video of one of my dogs in my work room standing next to the chair I regularly sit in. He was looking at the chair, wagging his tail and I SWEAR there was a conversation going on. It wouldn’t surprise me at all, but I’m going to run the video through another source. I’ve had the cameras up since 1/16/19 and the knocks have been going on several times within a 24 hour period since. Right now I’m documenting to find repetition or explanation - so far, there is none. The sounds are ONLY in my work room area.

I have 2 cameras in this room now, pointing at the doors/windows. The cameras are at opposite ends of the room, pointing towards each other. I have thought maybe reverb issues, but I also have 2 cameras in my large kitchen opposite each other and there are no issues with them. I’m considering adding a 3rd camera to point to the areas of the room not currently covered by the 2 existing ones. Would this cause reverberation or any issues? I can try it I guess and see if I can catch anything happening that might explain the knock. This room is at the far end of the house, away from where most living activity is, however, the microphones are really powerful and will pick up noise from outside as well

I love this thread. I bought my first cam to try to capture some of the activity in my house. Before I got the cam we had a casserole dish that flew off the shelf and around an island counter (an s-shaped path) to shatter on the floor. A kitchen cabinet’s stuck door flew open and a box of rice flew out about 3 feet onto the counter by my wife at the sink. My son came home late one Saturday night and walked in in front of the TV and down the hall without saying anything. Five minutes later I hear his car door shut and he walks up the stairs! I asked him if he was playing tricks on me. No way possible, once you’re down the hall, the only way out is back up the hall. Unless you jump from a 2 story window, We both searched the house but there was no one else home, We also hear loud crashing sounds, thuds, loud footsteps, an occasional voice, I know this sounds crazy- it is. I bought one cam and heard a lot of knocking and some faint indistinguishable conversations (they were louder than the digital noise you hear in the background). I have performed a LOT of experiments regarding the night vision objects. I have placed dust, lint, bugs, etc. in front of the night vision cam and studied the shape and behavior of each. Each physical object has its own characteristics and behavior. I can easily identify and debunk those physical causes. I have picked up others on camera that are not so easily explained, one of which appeared after I asked it to. This orb was sphere-shaped (3D) not flat like most dust. It flew toward the camera at a steady speed in a concave arc and appeared to be pulsating (although largely translucent). So many things we have seen or heard were not captured because they happened after the 12-second clip had ended (or just before). Had they been captured on video you’d be seeing them on TV because they are that phenomenal. No sense in posting it here- its a long list. I do keep a journal. I have now placed 2 cams and one scan cam in the main area of activity. Hopefully by surrounding the events I can get several angles or at least one good one. For this to be of any use for security, paranormal, kid or pet watching you would have to record locally on a disk. 12-second clips usually show you what you wanted to record, but missed. My teen kids think it’s awesome to have such activity. We live with it just fine now that the flying dishes and food have stopped, Still, as they say on Instagram, I want to see video or it didn’t happen.

1 Like

Wow, very cool! I have no reason to doubt your claims because I’ve experienced paranormal phenomenon my whole life. It’s why I study it, but I’m also into a bunch of metaphysical topics. Do you have any theories or beliefs about what’s happening in your home and why? If you’re interested, I run the forums on a website called Afterlife-Knowledge.com, and you’re welcome to share your experiences there and open it up for discussion. My IT guy can’t allow pics or video to be posted but you can share links if you have them somewhere else.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned in this thread or not but I’ve published a book about my paranormal, psychic, and out-of-body experiences. So you see, I’m really into this topic. Of course, feel free to just reply here too. I really do want to hear what your theories are of what’s going on in your house.

By the way, it’s been about three months and we haven’t experienced anything else weird in my house. Someone suggested that perhaps when Mom passed away (January 2018) that her spirit visiting here may have attracted some mischievous departed spirit who’s energy was pulling the pranks. It’s as good a theory as any, because I really don’t think it’s my mom. Whatever it was, it seems to have gone.

Oh, I suggest you just buy the SD cards that go with these cams. It’s worth it. You definitely do want those longer recordings to go back and look at when something does happen!

Full disclosure: I don’t believe in paranormal activity, but I do experience it, and have captured such activity on many things, including my Wyze Cam. I say this because, since I don’t believe in any of it, I go out of my way to find out what optical or auditory illusion or other scientific explanation verfies my experience. As far as the noises and ghosts or whatever captured on your cams, they match the sounds I hear from my niece walking around and being a niece on the upstairs floor. However, I have multiple cams, and the one downstairs captures a “scarier” deeper and darker more bellowing sound because of the sound traveling through the walls and the way cam mikes capture sounds. And there’s a natural delay between the event happening and the event going into the cloud and then appearing in the Cam app. So a simple thing like my niece running sounds like a monster thumping and the cam captures it as an invisible entity without any logical source, because it arrives too far removed from the actual event, her running, initiating it. But when you add an SD card to the Wyze cam, and if you happen to have two or more cams or use your smartphone to film a scene, you can capture longer than 12 seconds with continuous mode, even if you use it just for testing, while also being able to visually and auditory “sync” the actual source of the sound with the paranormal activity. You have to remember the delay though and that those frequencies of the sounds don’t at all mirror on the cam what you heard in real life. So you only need to film a scene with your smartphone cam, and then play the scene with your Wyze footage in sync, which is easily done if you enable time stamp. Location, location, location. Everything from wind, to the cam moving to other rustling sounds extremely ominous from the Wyze cam because of how those frequencies are captured digitally, much differently then the ear.

As for the apparitions, those hav always proved to be either bugs or lint floating through the air. Just like the audio issue I mentioned above, they look completely different to the eye than they do when captured digitally on a Wyze cam, simply because our eyes focus, magnify, and process light differently than a digital cam and have different frame rates. I’ll try to share some monster sounds that match yours tomorrow. But I was able to get one of your apparitions a few minutes ago on my outside cam, because I get them daily and discovered what they were:: flying insect. Most Wyze owners will see these daily depending on where they live and position the cams, inside or not, because of one simple reason: They’re attracted to the sound and light frequency of the Wyze cam which they can see but we can’t, even when the cam light or night vision is off. Cams always use them to “see” and focus.

2 Likes

When I talk about the “pararnormal” I’m referring to things such as ghosts or such phenomenon, although I’m open-minded to other theories than just ghosts.

I too look for all possible normal explanations before assigning my belief about something being paranormal. When I can’t definitively do that I keep an open mind to the paranormal simply because of what I’ve personally experienced. For the sake of explanation, for example if I see something move by itself with no normal explanation for it, then I put in the category of “paranormal”. That doesn’t mean I know what caused it but I put it in the realm of beyond the laws of physics as we know it (LOL).

There’s so much that I’ve experienced with the naked senses and no camera available to memorialize it which is a shame, but it’s why I got the cams. Was hoping to get some of it captured so I could have proof. And I understand that my personal experience will mean nothing to anyone else, but that’s not the reason why I want to capture something. I don’t really care about proving anything to anyone. I’m just so interested in the phenomenon and want to capture it for myself.

As for “apparitions”, yeah I too get those little flying gnats every once in a while and while they do look mysterious I know they are just bugs, nothing paranormal.

I’m curious, how do you enter “everything from wind to the cam moving to other rustling sounds” into the equation? Are your cams set in locations where they would be wind blown or otherwise be moved by something?

Everyone has a different set up and environment so I believe anything is possible. I can only judge my own personal experience.

“Are your cams set in locations where they would be wind blown or otherwise be moved by something?”

Correct.I currently have three cams, and plan to get more: two Wyze Cams and one Wyze Pan, the latter which can capture the sound of its own motion. I’ve rotated them throughout the house. I currently have two outside which capture things seen in a different light, pun intended. The wind sounds spooky on the Wyze, the mist and rain looks otherworldly as the spotlight hits it, and when the flickering beams of light from the sun or leaves trigger the motion detection, it often seems to capture nothing there which is really spooky when reviewing the quiet rotating footage straight out of those Paranormal Activity.

A good “trick” to learning what you’re truly seeing or hearing is to temporarily reposition two Wyze cams in the same room but in opposing corners or angles of the room, with timestamps on. This resolves the psychological conflict of single cam footage that causes our ears to try to hear what it can’t see, and our eyes to try to see what it can’t hear when there is a mismatch in how a single cam captures what our superior eyes and ears do in person. With two cams at opposite corners, the second cam will much differently capture the light and frequencies of the first cam, or simply reveal the actual source of movement from a better angle.

Ok so I have been thinking about putting a cam outside. So right now how are your outside cams housed and protected from the weather? (I don’t want to just aim a cam through the window because I don’t want glare). I’ve heard of people putting the cam inside of a birdhouse…great idea. But I still will need to figure out where I can plug the cam in since I don’t have an outlet near where I want the camera pointed.

And good points about the wind and weather. The only thing I want it for outside is all the wildlife that goes through my backyard :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wyze doesn’t officially support their cams for outside use. However, they’re developing weather-proof versions. The cams don’t work pointing through the window due to glare that all cams suffer from. I have my cam sitting outside a window, completely unprotected beyond the roof/window/house overhang, so it never gets rained on. If it gets destroyed by lightning one day. the “repair” cost of a new Wyze cam is completely worth it. You can find very inexpensive birdhouse covers for the Wyze cam on Amazon.com. I capture TONS of wildlife daily.

1 Like

Thanks for responding to me. I’m sorry I took so long to get back to you. I wanted to wait until I had time to write a full response, but you see how that went. I figured I’d at least touch base and confirm that I have a lot I’d like to share, some public, some privately with you. More info to come. I look forward to learning more about your experiences and you book.

Ok and hi! I just sent you a private message on here :slight_smile:

Very interesting topic. I came here looking for the orbs being captured on my Wyze Cams.

I have reason to believe the knocking sounds are the expansion and contraction of the house mostly when the temperature is changing. sometimes the sound reaching the mic also travels through the building structure, vibrating through the physical connection of the camera to the wall. I have been alone and heard creaking patterns.

I have many of the fly by orbs saved. They zip around usually but I have one where it slowly approaches from center frame. It stays perfectly round ruling out an insect. I rule out dust because of the flight patterns and only one or two are seen randomly. They are captured day and night, with and without the night vision on.

I will start uploading clips when allowed

OMG, I thought this was just heat, but now that our heat is off (for the season), I’m not hearing any “house noises” but I do hear knocks on the camera’s audio. (I’ve uploaded a few videos.)

Then, the other night we saw this feather? blow in odd swirly patterns around the camera. Since I got a notification, I went out to the kitchen and saw n-o-t-h-i-n-g! I looked and looked and nothing was there. Then it happened AGAIN a few nights later. Ok, this is weird. My family thinks it’s a glitch in the open source software and it’s playing tricks on all of us, but I don’t know.

Any developers have any idea what’s happening here?

https://discourse-cdn-aws1.com/wyze/original/2X/7/71ad0850d150a5b30dcfbf5e7b02013774afa280.mp4 https://discourse-cdn-aws1.com/wyze/original/2X/d/dbf035d7bc85c15ebf78530ab17785df740a12cb.mp4 https://discourse-cdn-aws1.com/wyze/original/2X/4/4f992c4fd52b1d97af8ed52d9c207ed2b1cbcc4b.mp4

Hi. I posted a video in this string that has the same “feather” type of thing, and I really do believe it’s a little gnat. They are very tiny and hard to see unless they are right in your face. But if they fly right in front of the camera they look huge, and weird, and they light up like that because of the camera. I’m sure it’s a gnat.

But in your 2nd video that knock sounds like the same thing I get. We’ve heard those sounds without the cameras on. We were hearing them before we even got the cameras.

Funny thing is we hear that “knock” at our house, AND I hear the same “knock” at my dad’s house’s cameras (located 440 miles away… also completely different heating system/style of house).

I have noticed that when the camera “updates”, there’s a click noise. I wonder if that’s related?

that click noise is the IR filter moving. you will hear the same thing when you turn lights on in a room that was previously dark with the camera on auto night vision. during an update the camera cycles through its “movements” including the IR filter.

I’ve never paid attention to if that “knock” on the video is in conjunction with the video going into or coming out of night vision….but its something you could test quite easily :slight_smile:

That actually makes a lot of sense, thank you!

1 Like

So I finally uploaded my recordings to my You Tube channel. We started having activity again about a month ago. Here’s the link if you wanna check it out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3WPjLzxdenkQ70SlPlgaMg