Yeah I was able to flash two of my V2s, with the V2 RTSP Firmware.
It is only when I tried the Pan, with the Pan RTSP firmware that I encounter difficulties. Its like the Pan never checks for Firmware.
Extra steps I have tried, along with the entire process with each step. None of the below worked.
(edit: Clarification, these are EXTRA steps I tried, along with the full procedure, in an attempt to get the overall process to work. Please do not take this list as sequential steps to try.)
- Factory Reset the Pan
- Re-register the Pan to my account.
- Format the SD Card on the Pan
- Format the SD Card on Windows
- Format the SD Card on Windows Using the sdcard.org formatter.
- Change demo.bin to Demo.bin
- Hold until just after the light turns blue.
- Hold 2 seconds after the light turns blue.
- Hold 5-6 seconds after the light turns blue.
- Try a different SD Card (original is Wyze32GB), new as 32GB Samsung Evo Plus.
- Try normal, non RTSP firmware.
- Hold the button 30 seconds total, irregardless of blue light.
- Different Wyze Wall Charger
- Different Wyze USB Cable
- Re-downloaded the Pan RTSP Firmware (maybe corrupted?) and tried flashing again
- Tried copying the zip to the SDCard, and extracting from there, then renaming the file there, while it is on the root.
I had to do none of the above to get the RTSP to work on my V2’s. Why is the Pan problematic?
The fact that I was able to get the V2’s working, should prove that I know how to do it.
I reviewed the video you sent over and I am following precisely those steps.
Is there a different/another way I can force reset this Pan maybe? Or how else do I get it to check for a new Firmware file?