Pan Camera turns itself back on

I sometimes want to turn my Pan Camera off for short periods, so I use the app and press the “On” status button on the Android app view where you select which camera you want to open. The status turns to “Off” and going into that camera says the camera is off. So far, so good, But when I walk into the detection zone, it seems that the camera turns itself back on. I also get an event for that.

Is there a simple way to stop recording? I’ll try some things, like also turning off event recording, but why doesn’t “Off” mean “Off”?

1 Like

The “ON/OFF” feature in the App should have performed as you expected, but it apparently did not. This is why I control power to my cameras with a digital lamp timer. The cameras are switched ON or OFF according to my schedule, and I can turn them ON or OFF manually as well.

Wouldn’t the app have to turn the camera on to change a setting? Motion detection is done within the camera itself.

Assuming you’re not walking into the detection zone immediately when you turn the camera off (ie it hasn’t had time to really turn off), the I don’t think this should be happening.

I think you need to file a Support Request. Depending on the nature of the problem, rather than use the website link, it is helpful to submit an App Log and/or a Firmware Log.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I turned the camera on maybe 30 seconds to a minute before walking into the detection zone. But to be honest, I can’t be sure that happened every time.

However, that behavior was with the firmware prior to the recent update to 4.10.3.108. I upgraded to this the other day and tried my test again last night. The camera stayed off until I turned it back on. I tried several times with the same result. No events were logged and the playbacks showed gaps during the off times.

So maybe this has been fixed with the new firmware, either on purpose or by happy accident. I think “Off” now really means “Off”.

Thanks.

2 Likes