Pan Cam Sound Alert Triggered by slew motor

I have noticed that I am getting sound alert triggers caused by the inherent sound of the slew motor. Candidly, I didn’t think that the motor was that loud. I had the alert level set was low as 20 and will still getting an alert notification.

Now, I just have the sound alert turned off.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon.

I was awoken last night by a slew of sound alerts, all triggered by the pan sound of the camera. Pretty much makes the auto pan feature useless to me.

I am having the same issue with my Wyze Pan Cam. I have lowered my sound detection settings to 35 and it appears to have resolved the problem. It would be nice if the Wyze Pan Cam could filter the sound of the motor to prevent these alerts. This is done for CO and Fire Alarm detection alerts so I would think it’s possible for the Pan Cam motor sounds.

The only reason that the camera is able to detect CO and smoke alarm sounds is because Thoes sounds and tones are highly regulated and have standers that they can use software to figure out which ones are real and which ones are just noise. It would take a lot of time and money to build software to pick out other sounds and have them push alerts.

I stopped using sound alerts months ago on my Pan if I have motion tracking and/or Pan Scan enabled. I hardly use it on my V1 and V2 cameras also. I found motion tagging was more than adequate for my use. YMMV

1 Like