Pan-cam offline

Had a message that there was a firmware upgrade available, however the upgrade failed, now my camera id off-line and won’t come back on have done 30-40 power cycles, and that doesn’t bring it back…any ideas?

If there is a SD card in the camera,take it out and try restarting the camera again. (If it starts up I’d then take the card and reformat it with a computer if able before replacing it back I to the camera). Have you tried the initial setup all over again? The next level of troubleshooting if neither of those work is to try a manual firmware flash of a previous firmware version to get it back up.

I’d try those things first and see if you get any further with the camera. And as a reminder, the forum here is a community of users helping users, if you wanted to go an official route, you can make a support ticket and have them assist you further.

http://support.wyzecam.com/

1 Like

Good morning Omgitstony
Thank you for those tips, I will try those tips tonight when I get home from work…

Thanks again

Randy

The same for me! THREE of my Cam Pams failed during the firmware update, yet my others did not fail. I tried the manual flashing the firmware using the microsd card, but nothing. The light stays RED on the cams and never turns blue. Perhaps I’ve formatted incorrectly the sd card? I’m on a Mac and have many options for formatting so I chose the MS-DOS FAT 32. Perhaps I should choose another format?
EDIT: I now tried all formatting options for the sdcard that Mac provides and none of them works with the manual firmware flash method. I think all 3 of my Cam Pans are fried.

The same for me! THREE of my Cam Pams failed during the firmware update, yet my others did not fail. I tried the manual flashing the firmware using the microsd card, but nothing. The light stays RED on the cams and never turns blue. Perhaps I’ve formatted incorrectly the sd card? I’m on a Mac and have many options for formatting so I chose the MS-DOS FAT 32. Perhaps I should choose another format?
EDIT: I now tried all formatting options for the sdcard that Mac provides and none of them works with the manual firmware flash method. I think all 3 of my Cam Pans are fried.

Hi again
Well tried all of your tips, and I also manually flashed it, and it still won’t work, I do get a blue light so I know there is power going to it…

Looks like a few others are having the same issue too…

Randy

My Pan Cam is also a paperweight after firmware flash. I have tried all combinations of firmware, card, no card, Long press on the reset button, short press. Power on with the button pressed. Just sits there flashing blue. :angry:

So I bought another brand it works. After the Outdoor cam I am done with Wyze they wanted me to invest in their floor vac, I think NOT.

Brews