Painting the new Wyze Cam Outdoor

Looks nice.

I may try the plasti dip on my next one. I just had the sharpie so it didn’t cost anything lol. I would like to get a can of the black anyway couple things I’d like to do on my truck.

To mask off the microphone hole clip off a piece of round toothpick to act as a mini cork. The sharp point is clipped back enough to provide a snug fit in the hole. Another clip is made to remove most of the rest of the toothpick leaving you with a small wood cork that will not fall into the hole.

1 Like

The V2’s and Pan cams are easy to disassemble Then you can pop out the 1/2 dollar sized lense surround so you don’t have to tape it off.

1 Like

I take my hat off to WYZE for the beautiful outdoor camera. I would not paint it because they sent the first customers a FREE cowboy hat that hides the charging cable under the hat. There is a new sheriff in town!

3 Likes

victormaletic & Company,

Your suggestion of using a toothpick as a cork of sorts worked great; I was overthinking it. See pic of results. Please excuse my poor lighting & paper towel backdrop :face_with_monocle: . To everyone considering ordering a second WCO as I did some time ago (earlybird), you might want to take a look at this first: (Wyze Cam Outdoor Review - Unboxing, Features, Setup, Video Quality & Why I Don't Recommend It - YouTube) Watch it in its’ entirety. Remedied with a firmware update? - possible, but I doubt it.

Kind Regards to All,
DickyC3PO

2 Likes

Big_monkey,

That’s good to know. Now if I can pop it off w/out breaking anything,
& access the lens & iris connector, the wide-angle lens change I’ve been contemplating for one of my V2’s will be a cinch!.

Thanks!,
DickyC3PO

After you open the case, only one screw in the tall tube needs to be removed to slide the whole thing out… Careful of the antenna lead… Once the guts are out you can easily pop out the lens surround.

ooOOooOooo, that’s a clever idea. I wonder if the cam could be disguised by spraying over the Plasti Dip with a matching color of the wall paint :thinking:

Could potentially cause an overheating issue though, and you’d need to be careful not to coat over the microphone & other hardware parts.

Plasti Dip white at WalMart

Now all it needs is a six-shooter by its side.

1 Like

Definitely second this approach - have used it often on Wyze cams! :+1: Maybe not as elegant or reversible as contact paper, but cheap, fast and effective as all get ou! :grinning:

2 Likes

I ordered under the early bird but have not got it. Will I be getting one of the hats they look awesome?

I hope so because the charging cable fits nice and neat under the hat!

I should have mentioned a sheriff’s badge. Easier to make.

1 Like

I doubt the camera would get hot since it’s “sleeping” a majority of the time.

Do You know how many they were giving out? Thanks

On the box it said,
“Thank You for being one of the first 50,000 members to back WYZE Cam Outdoors! We hope you enjoy this fun accessory we made exclusive for early backers.”

I guess depending on the color you’re looking for. I used a black permanent marker, sharpie. Came out great.

All I got was a sticker. :frowning: Should have been quicker - lol!

1 Like

Jason21271 & Company,

I don’t know if you guys saw the reply I got from WyzeGwendolyn (still not sure how this whole forum posting thing works), but painting the WCO will void the warranty. I had already painted mine before I got a reply. As I told WyzeGwendolyn, “Everyone knows newer electronics typically fail the day after the warr expires anyway :face_with_hand_over_mouth:”, so no worries. On the up side, after confirming the now over-discussed issues w/the WCO, it only took me two minutes on the phone to cancel an additional WCO I had on order. I’ve seen complaints about poor customer service. Granted it wasn’t a technical issue, but I received excellent customer service on that particular call. Their rep, Spencer, was quick, knowledgeable, and courteous - couldn’t ask for more. Consider this: How can Wyze sell a WCO V2 without 1st selling a V1?. I will wait for the V2 before purchasing another. I could be wrong, but I don’t think all of the issues with the current WCO can be remedied with firmware updates.
On a semi-related note, I think everyone should watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=Sy1o2Wwwnb4 It is sobering to say the least, and is why I have at least one hardwired NVR camera watching the most critical area of my home.

Cheers!

2 Likes