Outside cams are not notifying me or recording motion now

Okay I will keep that in mind. I am waiting for the new ones to come in. For some reason my base is offline along with the old outside cams, so now I need to find out why! I haven’t messed with them the last 3-4 days, so I don’t know what is going on with them. I know the light on the base started flashing a few days ago, they were still online but not today. These cams shouldn’t be these much of a pain. I will look into it in a bit have some other things to do!

Right now they are still under warranty. I have already replaced the base, now waiting for 2 outside cams to come in. I didn’t realize these cams were such a huge issues or I wouldn’t have bought them. I got the inside on first, it has never given me issues, so I bought the outside ones and have nothing but issues! My base started flashing a few days ago, and today it is offline along with the outside cams. I don’t know what is wrong with them now, I will figure it out later!

The Outdoor cam firmware has definitely been messed up of late. :unamused:

3 Likes

Double check your router settings. The outdoor cam doesn’t play nice with WPA3. My router auto updated and turned on WPA3 and knocked my outdoor cams off wifi. The base station would still connect to ethernet, but would not connect to the wifi until I went in and disabled WPA3.

Just a thought, in case you hadn’t tried checking that.

3 Likes

All. I’ve been communicating with Wyze support for a month re my outdoor cam not functioning correctly. It turns out that even though the app says the firmware is up to date - it is not! (Yeah, I know - WTF.) Anyway, here are the steps to bring the firmware up to date. One quick note: Although these steps DID bring the firmware up to date, it did not fix my camera’s issues.

Flash Firmware for Wyze Cam Outdoor

1. Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware files can be found on the Release Notes page.
  2. Download the specific version of firmware from the Release Notes.
  • Windows 10: Right-click in the folder and select extract all.
  • Mac: Drag and drop (extract) the folder to the root directory of your microSD card. The folder name should be sd_update
  1. Insert the SD card into the camera, then power cycle it (flip the power switch Off, then back On).
  2. The camera will start the firmware flash process. The status light will have both the blue and yellow lights on at the same time.
  3. Once the flash is complete, the camera will reboot itself. Wait until the status light becomes solid blue again. If already set up, it should reconnect automatically. Otherwise, setup can be attempted again at this point.
  4. Take out the microSD card and remove the folder “sd_update” from it. If left in, the camera will enter firmware flashing mode every time it reboots.
  5. Remove the microSD card and power cycle the camera again by flipping the power switch again.

But wait, there’s more. I just HAVE to share these instructions from a Wyze support rep on how to adjust the sensitivity of my outdoor cam to trigger notifications - since its not trigger anything unless I’m within 15’ of the camera. Am I missing something or is this hysterical?!

Sanchi Angeles R.Castillo (Wyze)

Oct 6, 2021, 1:58 PM PDT

Thank you for sending the screenshot.

It seems that you have set your camera to 100. Setting it to 100 for the detection zone will not capture anything that is near. It means that it will only capture from far.

Please set it to the default of 50. Let’s see if this will work.

1 Like

Thank you, that is good to know!

Thank you they came back online, themselves the next morning.

1 Like

Update, don’t know if this helps: