Outside cams are not notifying me or recording motion now

Wyze does have team members that pop in here every now and then, but the main avenue if one needs official support is to make contact with Support through these ways.. The team members you may see are Social Media mangers, product managers and engineers, that check up on this and their projects, but as stated, this is mainly a user community.

2 Likes

So for exampleā€¦ Mine is ā€œworking againā€ todayā€¦

I am glad your is but mine is still not!

All you have done is push me around to everyone, NOT helped one bit!

How did you get it off group? See if I can do the same.

I am tired of them pushing me around to another person in emails, wanting me to send them this and that, instead of reading my emails telling them I have already sent what they are requesting. Their outside cams are crap! Their service is crap! My outside cams have never been sound detected from day one, which I know they should be but havenā€™t!

I am just done with this company!

Sorry for my other commentā€¦ I thought you were apart of the team WYZE. I am just done with this company and I will not buy anymore of their crap! I never have any issues with my inside cams.

Did you check to make sure you change tov2.24.51

Since you were given the phone numbers to call WYZE support on Sept.23rd why are you screwing around with email? You still have 4 more hours today to call, close at 8 PM

Workā€¦ I have worked over 55 hours this last week, didnā€™t have time to deal with this BS! I donā€™t care anymore they are going into the trash!

Thanks but Iā€™m done with this BS!

To get it off groups, do this< at the bottom of your I phone

I am on my computer not on a I phoneā€¦

Make sure you take them to an e-waste recycle center, not the trash. The tree huggers and fish kissers will be mad at you. :upside_down_face:

Forum Mods and Mavens are fellow users like yourself that volunteer our time to be here in the forums assisting fellow community members. We are not Wyze employees.

For the detecting motion on the WCOs, Iā€™d recommend running though the tips on this video. How do yours differ from this?

LOL, will doā€¦ WYZE is going to replace them! They will work for a bit then stop with the next update!

Yeah I have tried thisā€¦ I went through videos and everything I could find online to help, tired everything that was suggested.
I set the detection settings to 100% but when I first open the tab, it says itā€™s on 50% then moves to 100% on one of the cams. Neither one of the outside cams have ever recorded sound, even tho I have them set to! Another issue with them but I care more for video then sound. I can hear things on live but nothing getā€™s recorded nor do I get notified. WYZE still has not addressed how my info got changed on my account. I have asked them but they keep ignoring my question.

I do appreciate all your help, I am just frustrated with this company and these cams! I wish they worked as well as my inside one does! I have been thinking about just buying more inside cams and setting them up to record outside. Then I would have playback. But I do not want to give them any more money!

1 Like

I have an galaxy note 9, I figured it out and tried what you said and that did not solve the issue. They are replacing the cams.

The WCO should record sound in clips when they are saved, but the WCO does not trigger a clip based on sound. How often do you live view from the camera? I believe ā€œdetecting motionā€ is disabled when you live view, so anything that you are watching live wonā€™t be saved to a cloud clip automaticly.

Are you referring to recording sound on the motion triggered cloud clip? Or are you referring to the event trigger ā€œdetects soundā€, that the WCO does not do? See previous statement. How are you watching the clips when they have no sound? Are you getting no sound when you try and watch on your computer?

See this:

Are you letting the camera live view connect fully before you go into the camera settings? Thatā€™s when you know the settings will populate correctly from the camera into the app. Open camera, wait for live view to start, then click the gear.

Can I get your ticket number or numbers for this? Iā€™ll send them on and see if we can get further information. Did you submit logs for them to look at also? What numbers of those, unless you included them earlier in the ticket.

I can not tell you the number of fellow users that stand terrified of you at this point. :neutral_face: