Outside cams are not notifying me or recording motion now

I have had the same problem and hardwiring them does not do anything. Never any recordings from these outside when’s doesn’t matter how or where I set them it is absolutely ridiculous they keep saying to upgrade the firmware upgrade the firmware well that doesn’t help nothing seems to work

1 Like

Yep, I’m having the same problem. Some motion detected, most are not. Wyze outdoor cams are garbage. A complete waste of money.

3 Likes

Okay I will try that, I need to get a bigger SD card so I can put it into my table top computer to transfer files. I don’t know what they are called but I do not have one to use. I will get that after work today. Thank you!

Go to event scroll to the stop press on the oval word motion! Then go to events wala you have your outside cam recorded view.

Micro chip. 32 gb

That’s not the problem but thanks…

I am not a computer person, the SD card is write protected so I am not able to move the files onto the SB card. I do not know how to change the protection. Another issue is the zip file, I do not have a subscription to the program so it will not let me really do anything with it. On top of that I am now on my 4th person with support, none of them reads any of the prior emails and keeps sending me the same BS to try! I still have not received any answer to how my account was accessed to change my address or the other things that got changed! I am about ready to throw these cams away and go to another company! I am losing my patience’s with support. The forum has helped me more then support has! Really crapy customer service and product!

The Outdoor cams and Base have been talked about repeatably here for recent bad firmware. Hopefully they will fix it, but in the meantime stop imagining every conspiracy theory you can think of, lol. Relax. Take a breath.

Outdoor cams are not capable of sound detection?

You can’t hard wire any Wyze cam.

The SD card should not be write-protected.

You don’t need a subscription to anything to unzip a zip file.

john sorry but this has been a year in the making with these horrible cameras. it is something a good company will have had resolved BEFORE selling them in the first place. THEN when they know there are issues, they will not even exchange or take them as returns after the “return” date, knowing there are issues, but then come out with OTHER cameras they want u to spend more money on. the touted all the good stuff in the beginning about being responsible, making things right to suck everyone in, and now its all about producing more STUFF instead of fixing what is wrong. a good company would recall all those useless cameras and make good on their promises.

1 Like

My WOC have not recorded since I bought them 6 mos ago. No matter the software version. No matter the notifications. No matter the recording settings. No matter the restarting. No matter the online instructions. No matter the rebooting. In other words I do not recommend them

3 Likes

Yep, Wyze outdoor cameras are garbage. To make matters worse, if you have cam plus they keep charging you $6/month even though they know their product doesn’t work. Be interesting to see how long they stay in business.

1 Like

i have told them this from day one over and over and over. kept doing all the things they said, NOTHING worked. then by the time i was giving up on all of them they said it was too late to exchange!!! i even asked for the indoor ones instead of thes WOC. they said NO! can u friggin believe it. crapola produts. poor customer service, and support. NEVER another dime to them.

1 Like

Allow me to add my 1 cent (2-cents would be too generous).

I, as most of you, have had numerous and repeated issues with WOC (WITH CamPlus!), primarily not recording and/or notifying me of people, and very late movements of vehicles. That’s with everything turned up to 100% and up to date firmware.

I think I just found another wrinkle: When I placed the WCO in a Group, it stopped reporting all together. Nothing. Nada. I’m sure I looked foolish jumping around in front of the camera to get it to do something. (And yes, I waited for the cool down period to expire) But, when I took it out of the group, it works as faulty as before - but it’s “working.”

I’m scratching my head on why I feel thrilled to have inconsistent performance. To be fair, the image quality is great when it works, but my lack of confidence in its ability to work and record when I need it to (read: “as advertised”) has really hurt my opinion of this brand and its future in my repertoire of security devices.

2 Likes

I’ve had 4 WCO since October 2020 and yes they do work. I have them all on 10 day scheduled event recording to the the 32GB cards in the cams, set for 10 days no cooldown and I set the max video length for 2 min per event. For you unhappy members WYZE support does have a phone number 206-339-9646 or 1-844-999-3226, use it. These are all WCO events:

1 Like

i notice no night videos. just because u have some working doesnt mean they all work and to assume people have not tried contacting is very niave.

3 Likes

It is obvious that outside cams are notworking, Mine are not either. Same issue as everyone has already reported: not recording and no notifications.
Wyze needs to step up and take action. One of those actions should be to reply to all the Outdoor Cam complains posted here and provide a reasonable expected fix release date. Sadly, this purchase is a waste of our time and money. One more thing, we shouldn’t have to call them, they see this blog, they can, and should, reply right here.

1 Like

There is not a lot of action at night where my WCO are located except these guy that come by almost every night .

1 Like

They need to quit billing us for their cam plus too.

1 Like

This is a members forum, support does not read it. So you either have to call them or or submit a ticket which is kind of a Pain in the a$$.

1 Like

i am sure they have people on here… all companies look at pages like these

1 Like