Outdoor Wyze Plug

Would love to get an outdoor plug for my pool pump in summer needs to be able to handle the amps though

What is the amperage and horsepower of your pool pump?

Its a 12 amp 1.5 hp pump

Jeremy

or just a smart pool controller :slight_smile: i have a 2.5HP and a .75HP pumps to control.

Anyone know of an update on this? Expected launch date? (maybe today - wishful thinking :slight_smile:)

I’d be all over outdoor plugs for my gazebo lights and Christmas lights.

Will this outdoor plug still work if your internet went down but your wifi is still up?

I’m not sure on that one. They didn’t mention of it will or not, I would think no, but I could be wrong.

The new Wyze programmable Outdoor smart plugs are being released shorty at $10. I pre-ordered a few today

Thanks for trying

Mine never contacted to the app.

since this needs your servers to operate, and you have another outage now, I will pass

I recently received two units, just general interest. Love the ease of connecting them and the power monitoring feature, using them in place of my killawatt monitor for power consumption. One observation/comment/possible improvement?

I plugged my deep freezer into one to monitor the power consumption, it happened to be running at the time. I got an overcurrent warning and unit shut off. I restarted the unit, plugged my freezer into the wall plug until it cycled off by itself, plugged it back into the outdoor plug, and watched till it cycled on again. Everything was fine and it monitored the power consumption, etc. A freezer will pull substantially more current when trying to start the compressor after being shutdown and immediately trying to restart, so not too surprised. The problem comes if I leave it like this and we have a power outage, and the power company does it’s three restart sequence. Pretty sure this will cause the outdoor plug to trip out on over current, and not restart the freezer. Might have some spoiled food. like the 1/4 beef I store in it. Would be better if the plug remembered it was trying to run the freezer and tried to restart it after overcurrent sensing, waiting maybe 5 minutes? Many motor/compressor driven appliances have this characteristic, and a mode like this would allow their use.

Otherwise I love the product. Would recommend to anyone needing remote device control.

Still looking for this to come out. I missed the early access, and now it seems late. Looking at another late entry from Lutron as well. Theirs is WAY more expensive at $87, BTW.
When it does come out, how long will the cord be? Is it possible for you to use a right angle plug on this? It would fit much better in my outdoor plug enclosures that way.

The Outdoor plug has come out for awhile now. Without it in front of me I think the cord is about 6 inches. It is not a right angle plug, but it should be.

Also, if it drops out of your wifi network, there is a Dearth of Info on how to perform a factory re-set to re-locate it into your app, and sending logs must be a useless exercise.

1 Like

That’s probably one of the best uses. I’m sure there are other in-door uses also. I’ve used in one my garage workshop. There are only 4 120v sockets on one wall and a220v. I use the Wyze outdoor plug to add power to the other wall with no sockets and to “Automate” my shop Vac system which has several vac hoses attached to drill press and table saw spread out. Nice to use my app to turn vac on and off from any where in the shop. I plan purchasing another one soon as possible

1 Like

Now that we have a Wyze outdoor plug to control outdoor devices, when will we see a watch app to control power on control? Really love the new product, and can’t wait to see what your team comes out with next.

Welcome @chuffster!

Are you talking about controlling the plug from your Wyze watch? If so, you can do this using shortcuts. More information here: Wyze Watch Shortcuts

1 Like

Apple Watch