Outdoor Wyze Pan Cam with Ethernet port option?

I love the options this company has and the features they offer at such a high value price point. However, I want a pan/tilt camera that is rated for the outdoors where proactive security can actually make a difference. A stationary camera will not work well for my situation as I would have to install multiple stationary cameras next to each other which I do not want to do. I am not interested in watching a criminal who has already broken into my house on the indoor rated Wyze Cam Pan. Also, I am not interested in watching my pets/kids/spouse inside the house just to see what they are up to; I want a pan/tilt camera for security outside. I want to get notification that someone is outside and have the option to confront them in hopes of stopping them in their tracks. Also, none of these cameras have a wired Ethernet port option but instead only Wi-Fi. This means drowning my house with multiple Wi-Fi repeaters which can also slow down network connections. Can you PLEASE develop an outdoor rated pan/tilt camera with an Ethernet port option?

1 Like

Iā€™ve recorded your request in Wyzeā€™s feature request tracker. Yours is actually the first request for an ethernet connected outdoor camera, so I really doubt that is ever going to happen. Iā€™m also pretty sure that if an outdoor camera is offered, it is not going to be PTZ, at least at first.

For me the issue is not needing the Ethernet for communication but most house with outdoor cam have probably have poe hardwired in their house already. Most likely because most them do not like to mess around with battery outdoor cam.
Poe can transfer the constant power to those cams reliability even in large houses.
Conversely I do not believe USB cable can send power to the cam above 25ft (give or take), which is not the avg house size, even if you start from the middle of the house stretching outward.

2 Likes

I also want an ethernet port option because of communication issues between the camera and my router. I have solid masonry on the exterior of my house and my router is in the center of the house. The wifi signal is just not strong enough to effectively reach the camera and I do not want to install wifi repeaters as those can cause other issues that I would rather not get into.

1 Like

Wyze should make a outdoor panning camera. Like the indoor one but for outdoors.

I donā€™t need a Ethernet connected outdoor camera, I just need an outdoor battery powered camera.

See this: Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

The outdoor camera is in testing and will be released probably later this year.

I like the capability of POE and connecting to the router vs WiFi . Better video stream, no WiFi extenders or mesh to get cameras on other end of house to work. I wonder if I place a camera on the other end of my house where there is a weak signal would another Wyze deviceā€¦bulb or plug in the middle help ā€œbridgeā€ the gap?

1 Like

That would be great but not sure how their bulbs and smart plugs work. I assume they are all just plain WiFi devices that do not work as a mesh network or extenders to enhance the signal to other devices. The only exception to that rule would be the Wyze Sense products that use an entirely different/separate Wyze proprietary protocol. So, a WiFi extender and/or adjusting the location of your router remains the only types of solutions available.

Iā€™m getting ready tp purchase the dongles that convert PoE to USB along with those outdoor covers they sell on AMazon, but I definitely would like to have a native PoE option for purpose built outdoor cameras.

@mdavis180ā€¦ @jeff007 is correct. Wyze products do not function as wifi range extenders.

Be sure to vote on this if you want Wyze to consider it. Right now, 2 votes is too low. Please vote and help bring the number up!!! :grinning:

I will be interested to see if the outdoor camera is battery only or an option for some type of constant power. @jpepino I have never thought about running Ethernet and using the dongles for power :zap:

1 Like

One that you can put outside and have the same features as the Wyze cam pan

Yes,POE connection please, battery back up or wireless use as well!

Wyze please make a camera like the current outdoor camera you are making but make it be able to pan

Would like to see an outdoor pan camera

It would need to withstand rain, snow, hot and cold temperatures as well as humidity.

LAN Port for PTZ Camera or any cameras

I have a wish for the WYZE PTZ cameras. Need a LAN Port for my network. Am not able to run wireless in my application settings. Is that a possible option?

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for Cam Pan v4 Ideas.