Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

Thank you so much Loki! Your work here is appreciated! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Free Person Detection From Wyze

I just hope there will be poe option on outdoor cam !

It would make the most sense, although I do not know how that woukd effect price.

Think it will be something similar to this??

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TCX4SC6?tag=cnet-buy-button-20&ascsubtag=ag%3A4185865b-c1cb-404e-b12b-e7d7f4fbb8b8|vg%3A6e22a150-ae2f-11e9-85df-f1dd8e42507b|st%3Adtp

1 Like

I apologize if this was brought up previously. I request an outdoor version that works in the cold northeast area of the US where outside temps drop below zero. Most of the current systems available have operating temps down to -10 degrees Celsius (14 degrees Fahrenheit). Below that the IR sensors tend to break and and cameras become unusable. The wired system I currently use is good down to -22 degrees Fahrenheit. I love the Wyze cam V2 and recommend to all my family and friends. Thanks for such an amazing product and looking forward to what your take on the outdoor version becomes.

An outdoor camera is going to need a much better way to prevent motion detection than we already have. We need a way to add detection zones. This is especially true of outdoor situations due to foliage and wind.

2 Likes

I agree!! If I put a camera outside it will need motion zones as well as improved person detection. It should also have pet detection.

1 Like

Not sure you can have both as they could conflict and requiring both to trip would kind of negate the point of having one or the other. I suggested software zone detection above but a lot wanted PIR’s.

Difficult to know which will work best. I’m going to say software if implemented properly as then you can define the trip areas which in turn lets you exclude problem areas such as bushes provided the zone drawing facility is good.

I don’t know if that is something that you need to worry about , my indoor Wyze cam V2’s worked fine outside at-20 Fahrenheit, still working fine also in the heat

1 Like

A v2 Cam works great in Southern Mi, winter & summer. The only issue is foliage movement, but you folks are working on that. The cameras are great.

PIR sensor is the key, only detect heat, from humans, pets or cars, no leaves, no branches, no insect, only things that matter, along with detection zones, you supposed to be set.

Ok so my 2 cents on the battery option.

We are already using the regular cameras out doors and have power to the cams so have the outdoor ones still be able to be plugged in or battery operated. Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages. I do have a couple places that I really dont want to have to figure out how to get electric there but still want a camera there-batteries win!

1 Like

Yes but as previously pointed out above, PIR’s have their own disadvantages. It’s swings and roundabouts and which is better is going to depend very much on the quality of any software detection.

Hello,

I am looking for a camera which will be used to distract animals in my garden.

It should turn on a siren every time it detects a motion.

It should have abilities to use different audio files as a siren: dog barking, owl, hawk. Birds and Squirrels Sound of the Panic.

Specs:

Solar-powered or battery power

Wireless

Field of View over 100 degrees

Resolution 1080p

Night Vision at least 30 feet

Motion Detection infrared motion sensor

I am positive that there are huge worldwide demand on this type of camera.

Can anybody recommend a model which match my conditions?

While most of these items sound great I can pretty much guess your neighbors would not appreciate an alarm/siren going off everytime your camera thought it saw an animal in your garden.

1 Like

You are missed my point.
It will be not a usual alarm sound.
It will be short and modesty quiet sound of the nature: dog barking, owl, hawk. Birds and Squirrels Sound of the Panic.
Please do not worry about my neighbors.

I think that sounds like a good idea if the sounds is not too loud or annoying

I leave in the subdivision, What I call really annoying are sounds of lawn mowers, blowers loud music and etc. which overwhelmed the air.

In all honesty, I would have thought it very unlikely you’d find this feature. Most cams are designed to be just that, cameras. Of those that might offer the ability to speak, eg The Ring Doorbell, they’re an intercom not a player.

So far as animal noises are concerned, I would have thought demand would be very low as most people either want a camera for security ie watching for burglars, package thieves etc, or to watch wildlife, not scare it.

The best suggestion I could make would be to use a camera and custom build your own sound player triggered by the input from a PIR sensor. I’m sure somewhere there will be an electronics kit for a digital sound recorder / player which accepts or can be made to accept an external trigger signal.

So far as Wyze is concerned, I can’t speak for the developers, but I think it unlikely. The cost to integrate a digital player into the camera. never mind the cost of purchasing the sounds would add a lot of cost to the camera, and I also think it very unlikely there would be “huge demand”, both because of the effect on price, and also because those people who want the Wyze for watching animals, want to do just that, not scare them away!