Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

I heard Wyze Smart plugs will be out before Wyze Outdoor Cam. This is interesting!

1 Like

Here is a Photo of one of the cameras on my shed with external IR light

6 Likes

Here’s a thought:

If the camera is working on BATTERY, allow the PIR to wake the camera on motion and start recording.

If WIRED, continuously record to SDCARD and overwrite every minute or 5 minutes (or whatever is reasonable - maybe a configurable setting based on SDCARD size). There is no reason for a WIRED device to rely on PIR to wake up a camera. The only thing being lost is important video.

As someone else mentioned, those few moments prior to recognized motion can be very important in capturing a face and identifying a face/person.

Or if you can run a weatherproof USB line to a power source, such as a swappable battery, at an accessible level.

When will a battery camera or a outdoor camera become available?

I have heard that they are aiming for a before fall release so anytime between now and November, but most likely it will come out around September.

Ok thanks

Wyze is making smart plugs? That’s cool

I like your idea!!

1 Like

Smart plugs will be great for a lot of appliances but will be especially helpful when plugged into the cube and the pan cameras because we can for the first time remotely do a full power cycle when the camera goes offline

Does Wyze have a date for smart plugs to be released?

You are right. When a product is designed for one thing at some point it will morph into something more. I have just as many Wyze cams outside as I do inside. And the number of outside cams are growing as finances will allow.

Any update on month or year when it will be launched? Yes, I know you will reply with we will let you know and we do not know dates yet. So, I asked in sense of like end of the year, beginning of next year or so?

I believe they said that the goal was to get it out around fall of this year. I personally believe it will be launched late August to early September.

1 Like

Great! I hope it does come out soon

2 Likes

If you need help in outdoor product design. Please let me know, I can guid. Sr. ME design outdoor products for the Wireless industry (11 years).

See this: https://wyze-labs.breezy.hr

1 Like

The last time I’ve seen any official response from the Wyze employee it was stated that they’re hoping for the current year release. Nothing more concrete than that.
Frankly I’d be surprised to see one released before the year’s end.

In the Q&A vid not too long ago they said they are aiming for around fall for the outdoor cam release, and I believe during the live stream for person detection one of the employees said that a fall release is expected.

Here’s a link to the video and a timestamp index of the content.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-q-a-episode-1/18230

0:40 Outdoor Cam (Dongsheng)
2:15 Wyze Sense – Home Sensors (Mike)
2:52 Beyond Security Products (Mike)
3:30 Become International Company (Yun)
4:25 Simultaneous Streaming (Tao)
5:05 Improvements to Playback, Fast Forward (Tao)
5:50 RTSP (Frederick)
7:10 Google Home/Assistant (Frederick)
7:40 Apple Homekit (Frederick)
8:35 Google Integration Demo (Frederick)

Keep in mind that was five months ago. However, as noted by the tag on this topic, the product is in testing. How the testing goes will determine how soon it comes out. If the testing goes smoothly, it could be pretty soon. If there are lots of problems that need to be fixed, it could be some time. Only time will tell.

6 Likes