Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

I agree, my V2’s have a gray base,

1 Like

The face of the camera is totally different too. The black circle takes up the whole front instead of just around the lens.

Your right, and no little circle under the big circle!

Any update on the Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam? I’m planning on installing security cameras around my house but I’m willing to wait a few more months if you are releasing a real outdoor cam soon. I have a V2 and when I bring it outside 15 ft from router, the stream quality degrades that it has about 5 to 8 second delay. It works fine inside the house even when I go to another floor but the stucco wall seem to block give Wyze V2 an issue. I can stream video fine outdoor so I cannot say it is a router issue.

How is the design going? Any specs that you can share? i.e. POE capability, Stronger WiFi antenna, etc. and also possible release date?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I have tried reolink, yi, wyze to detect human motion. They all are not working because they are pixel detection based. I ended up pairing wifi camera with other PIR motion sensors. Ring has a product that can do facial recognition. But they are very pricy and require monthly subscription. In that case, customer just switch to security monitor service. I wish wyze can design outdoor cam that detect/alert human motion reliably. If the PIR is the only sure thing to detect human motion, why can’t we combine PIR and pixel detection to detect human? If putting them together prove to be too challenge, pairing PIR motion sensor to wifi camera is a good alternative.

Thought you might be interested in my Wyze outdoor installation and pass it on

7 Likes

Wyze Cam seran…awesome…
.too funny…love the play back clip…maybe next time Camo Cam wrapped in tin foil balled up on kitchen counter…no one one would know it’s a camera balled up inside…1080p…keep smiling and thx again for making great products at ur price points…it is much appreciated

2 Likes

Where did you get the outlet? Part number?

Leviton 1306-W 15A, 125V, Snap
I bought on Amazon cause i was im a hurry but they’re a lot cheaper elsewhere. If you enlarge my pic, I think you can read the part #

2 of Leviton 1306-W 15A, 125V, Snap-In Receptacle, Leads 14GA 6-Inch Long Wired, White

I bought them on Amazon cause I was in a hurry. They are a lot cheaper elsewhere. Any other questions, please ask

What this Wyze Cam aims for?
If it is designed for home security.
I have put a trail camera in front of my house, and it takes many a pictures and videos for me, well, I think it meets all my needs as to protecting our safety.

That is about what it is designed for.
Major differences:
Wireless, no requirement for swapping SD cards (unless they mess up the build and you have to reload)