Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

Well, if they were to implement a PIR, you wouldn’t be able to setup zones. If you want a PIR on the v2, you could get an arduino with an Ethernet shield and wire up a PIR. Then use IFTTT Maker to make your camera start recording for the usual 12 seconds. With IFTT integration the possibilities are endless!

1 Like

I have been looking into this one as well. The build and structure of it seems great with the solar panel. Hopefully the Wyze is just as rugged at a better pricepoint so it works with one app.

1 Like

Need and outdoor cam for sure :grin:!

@Ron10 I really like this design Robot or human?

This is a cool ideal too.

1 Like

Just wanted to add a vote for PoE support for an outdoor camera.

I have a bunch of Arlo Q cameras around my house that I am waiting to replace with Wyze, if they come with PoE support. Wifi range can be spotty, and PoE takes care of both the internet connection and power with one cable. Would be great to support this generally.

1 Like

That needs to be put on a separate #wishlist.

It is, here:

2 Likes

In my townhouse situation a battery is the only option.

Would love an outdoor cam to keep watch on the new pool. Have several grandkids to keep track of. O do have outlets on the covered porch, so the power adapter would need to be for outdoor use too. Thanks and hope this gets to market soon!

1 Like

Yes please

I hope that the battery portion will be separate in order to keep the base camera costs low for those who hardwire and have no use for the battery.

just found these babies…

https://www.amazon.ca/Deyard-Upgraded-Waterproof-Security-Adjustable/dp/B07HVPBV4Y/ref=pd_sim_0_9?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07HVPBV4Y&pd_rd_r=15ee2ec8-54b7-11e9-bf6a-1b0d85ff0e6f&pd_rd_w=Ci3s0&pd_rd_wg=5Ert8&pf_rd_p=29a85b27-a36a-4f8d-94ca-61aa962c5f39&pf_rd_r=GSZT3T50C5XFJ6G9QB3J&psc=1&refRID=GSZT3T50C5XFJ6G9QB3J

only problem is I live in Northern Alberta… it gets below 0 F, -40 C
outdoor rated equipment only… usually.

I have had mine out doors and it has been 17 F below zero , Mine is under the eaves Stuck on top of a light fixture With no external cover at all , 95 F last summer.
I have read that other people Have Had 40 F below Temps And they still work outside

Here Is another thread Whose Wzye Cam's are Out in the Cold? The weather Outside is frightful!

1 Like

I hope they continue with a USB connection for a power source - This gives me the flexibility of choosing my own battery, maybe a solar panel, maybe 1 relatively large battery and then string several cams together.
With the IFTTT and Sense I’d like to have some “stuff” on standby to record when awakened, but not necessarily 24/7.

3 Likes

when you do release the outdoor cam you should also make the wyze sense sensors weatherproof as well. I would love to be able to place a sensor on my fence gate and the motion sensor in my driveway.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it was said above that the outdoor camera may have a built-in PIR motion sensor

2 Likes

Yay!!! It’s here!!!

15 Likes

LAMO…, really. April fools…

That really could be it at the 25 second mark…

1 Like