Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

That’s the trade off we are making. Trying to make wake time as short as we can…

what you mean by “remote storage point” ?

iirc, that or something similar was mentioned in another thread discussing the risk of theft of theCamera including the MicroSD card. I’m just guessing you meant the future direction of offering Cloud storage, which WyzeMark also mentioned as one of the reasons to add “Shop” to the main page.

got it. there is a microsd card slot on the basestation to store video, which is inside of the house.

4 Likes

That’s a good idea. Will the base station “talk” to existing cameras, which would ease everyone’s concerns over theft?

not in the current plan. we need to take one step at a time. It is already very heavy development just for the outdoor cam

2 Likes

Well, can’t argue with that.

1 Like

I like that idea a lot , and That has been suggested heavily for another Type of camera I have, that Does not have that function

They should really think about having a central DVR that talks to all the little Wyzecams. The DVR would allow multi-cam viewing from a browser or phone since the phone would talk to one device, the DVR. I think some entrepreneur putting together something like that would sweep the market. Cloud storage could still be a optional backup revenue stream.

Prefer IR rather than have delay before activation.
Do not mind lights showing if needed.
And of course would want the outdoor one to be able to stream
To google home smart display (have lenovo one).
Being able to look at my Kasa outdoor cam has been great.
Really could use the Wyze cams more and order more if they did the google home thing.

I would love to get a waterproof version for outdoors and maybe even have another one where you can plug it into the ethernet I do not get Wi-Fi out in my garage and I would like to have a wyze cam out there but it would have to be ran through ethernet

1 Like

I’ve got 8 PoE outdoor cameras that I’d love to replace with Wyze. Given my exterior is already wired for it, I hope this future outdoor camera somehow supports connecting to cat 5/6/7 cables.

2 Likes

I would be happy with a waterproof version of the Pan camera.
I was happy to hear that Wyze was working on an outdoor camera but fear it may be heading in a direction that isn’t useful to me.
The idea of battery power and base stations is driving up the price. I hope they are optional.
As long as it is powered by 5 volt USB, options to power it by battery, solar and poe are readily available.
I currently use TinyCam Pro on an nVidia Shield as a DVR.

Solar powered option in addition to battery power!

Will this/r there any plans for an outdoor wireless/bluetooth camera? Not allowed to drill holes in exterior
walls (and I really don’t want to do that cuz I’m lazy) by our condo HOA.

I was hoping Wyze would be coming out with an outdoor camera! Something of note though that I hope you take to the design/engineer team is that of max operating temperature for said camera. I live in the greater Phoenix area and this place can be downright hellish in the summer. Temps of over 118 degrees Fahrenheit are common. I’ve asked other camera manufacturers if their cameras can handle those kinds of temps without melting and unfortunately, none of them can handle anything above 113 degrees. Most can’t handle temps at 113 either, so it’s definitely something to think about for your loyal hot weather dwelling customers.

Clayton

Hope it can handle temps near or below zero so it can handle cold climates of the midwest

Definitely 5GHZ capability

1 Like

Throwing my vote in for optional POE for power & wired connectivity. By USB adapter would be fine to go along with the request for this on the existing indoor cams.

3 Likes

Upvote for this idea. Plus wireless would be nice.

2 Likes