Outdoor/Weatherproof Wyze Cam

in-development

Could you provide a link for the the housings you like?

Wyze Cam v2:

Wyze Cam Pan:

2 Likes

Sure beats my milk carton!

1 Like

I use these protective covers also. I’ve left mine outside all frosty winter. We didn’t go below -20 maybe -30 with windchill at one point and I’ve not had any issues at all.

Wyze Cam Pan Wall Mount, Weather Proof Anti-Sun Glare and UV Protection Outdoor/Indoor Adjustable Bracket with Protective Skin Case for Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Security Camera by KASMOTION https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVCJMM3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0jDYCb9KWHGQV

1 Like

I’m new to the community so I’m wondering if the outdoor Wyze cam is still in the pipeline, since the post originated ~6 months ago? If so, is the design for the outdoor Wyze cam pan or stationary?

Yes. It is in #roadmap and “in-development”, as opposed to #wishlist and “maybe later”. The titles in the #wishlist and #roadmap categories have the status information in them. I recommend visiting this topic for how the community here works. :slight_smile:

Thanks !! Yes. I’m aware of wishlist vs roadmap, etc; just wasn’t sure if outdoor Wyze Cam had been scrubbed, put in to the backlog or what?. What about my 2nd question “is the design for the outdoor Wyze cam pan or stationary?”

Here’s the latest information on the outdoor camera that I found searching #roadmap. Wyze will release more information as it becomes available. I’m sorry I can’t help you with that question beyond that. :frowning:

1 Like

I think the statement posted above is from November of last year.
It seems quite strange that the staff are being so secretive about the state of testing/development.

Not so much secretive as not having much to report. We haven’t started testing with it because we’re still working on getting the hardware issues ironed out. Turns out that outdoor cameras are tricky! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you for the report!
That’s exactly the info I was looking for. :grinning:

1 Like

Remember you should test them under all conditions. I’d suggest a week of testing on a Hawaii beach.

2 Likes

No worries , They will be tested all over the Country

1 Like

Im hoping the outdoor cam has a small solar panel option similar to the Reolink Argus Eco. Id like to use it outside above my garage where there is no power outlet.

1 Like

Oooh… I definitely call dibs on the Hawaii test! :wink:

You’re welcome for the report, @LowLight. Happy to help!

2 Likes

Thanks for the updated info Gwendolyn, I have been anxious about at least seeing the hardware design but understand that cannot be revealed yet. I will be happy with smart/intelligent alerts that I actually care about, better IR night vision, and much less image wash out / blurriness so that I can hopefully have a better chance of seeing more useful stuff FROM FURTHER AWAY, such as license plates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We actually showed one of the prototypes in the April Fool’s video. :wink:

But that may not be finalized. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The existing cam seems to work well according to many users, so why re-invent the wheel? Simply redesign it with a waterproof casing - accessory cases seem to suggest simple shrouding of the cooling holes and USB connection are sufficient. eg: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HVM3YGP/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07HVM3YGP&pd_rd_w=kFnTW&pf_rd_p=8a8f3917-7900-4ce8-ad90-adf0d53c0985&pd_rd_wg=sR1KZ&pf_rd_r=SY9NSVD6V9NBKBMZ4TWP&pd_rd_r=d43b240f-6f3b-11e9-a246-0ddaba5d67f8

I’m sure you can come up with your own design. BTW, it needs both black and white options as black stands out too much against the eaves where cams are mounted on white soffits. However, white stands out too much against brickwork and black soffits / guttering. So a choice of black or white would be helpful.

One answer with a new model - simply design it with a waterproof casing from the start for inside and outside use.

I personally don’t see a battery version as a viable option. Batteries seldom last long in CCTV cams and it’s all too easy to forget to change them.

2 Likes

I agree. With the simple USB power required I can supply a battery and solar charger for my remote needs or take a power feed from outside lights.
I’d like an IP 65 minimum.

Ok just looked at the aprils fools video… Do I also see a wyzecam pan BLACK EDITION by chance?

And for those that might look for it. At 1:49 on the dry erase board behind them looks to be a birdhouse wyzecamish looking thing… Or its the bigger dome looking thing behind all the folks talking about Wyze Cam Saran… lol

I honestly wish there would be two different outdoor versions. One like the Arlo’s or the ring cams. And one that competes with the newer floodlight camera market.

I have a netatmo presence as I didnt like the thought of some monthly fee to view my camera footage. AND I would love for Wyze to do a floodlight camera that looks similar or dead on to the netatmo presence. I love the presence. But for $300 and the fact that they have already given up on support for it. Plus it hates SD cards yet requires them gives Wyze an edge here. They could take on the really big guys with two different outdoor cams.