Indoor/Outdoor driveway or pathway (break-beam) sensor

Outdoor driveway or pathway sensor with integration to rest of wyze products

Mod Note: Title Edited to Enhance Search Clarity.

To build on that idea, something like a trip line or break-beam sensor (like a garage door has for safety) would be useful. Also it would be especially helpful if it had different options to either play an audible alarm (loud) or an alert (short chime like when you walk into a gas station) or be silent and only notify through the app

3 Likes

Wish the Motion Sensor Detector is Outdoor proof!..and also available in Black!
Thank you!

How about adding a motion detection device for driveway entry…let you know if someone drives in or walk into your gated property.

Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

Have you thought about offering a break beam sensor. This would eliminate all the false motion triggers.

Home Security begins with “Perimeter Sensors beams” to be integrated with cameras and security alarms, To Stop Intrusions BEFORE they Breach the House or Property, What good is it to just Watch someone break in and only take few minutes to Steal and Leave???..Nice Recordings but like "Castles of Ancient Times, a Perimeter Layers to detect intrusions and sound the alarm and notifications is the Modern Security System requirements!!..Thanks

2 Likes

I use a Mighty Mule driveway alarm. Build me one of these that alerts me through the Wyze app.

This is exactly what I am looking for! I have a small driveway where people come check door handles at night. Sometimes the motion light scares them but most don’t care. They also don’t care about the cameras on signs posted. By the time I get the “person detection” notification and check it out they are gone. Other sensors wouldn’t work because they are a wide range so anyone walking on the sidewalk or even road would set it off for my application.

This one has to be wired and hooked up to an internal alarm system but would be great if Wyze could develop this.

Features:
Multiple sounds / volume levels
Device itself sounds alarm when beam is triggered
Sends a notification through app that beam has been triggered
Tamper alarm (have a mount that you screw in and the device screws to the mount and if someone tried tampering it sets an alarm off)
Wireless (like outdoor cam where you recharge every 3 months or so - could have a charging base)
Timer so you can set it for night so during the day the mailman doesn’t set it off. (Or capability of changing alarms so it’s a nice chime during the day and a louder annoying alarm at night)

Sign me up if it’s reasonably priced and can get added to the Wyze family of products

All is not lost, there is always ODIE

| m.steinwedel
June 5 |

• | - |

This is exactly what I am looking for! I have a small driveway where people come check door handles at night. Sometimes the motion light scares them but most don’t care. They also don’t care about the cameras on signs posted. By the time I get the “person detection” notification and check it out they are gone. Other sensors wouldn’t work because they are a wide range so anyone walking on the sidewalk or even road would set it off for my application.

This one has to be wired and hooked up to an internal alarm system but would be great if Wyze could develop this.

Features:
Multiple sounds / volume levels
Device itself sounds alarm when beam is triggered
Sends a notification through app that beam has been triggered
Tamper alarm (have a mount that you screw in and the device screws to the mount and if someone tried tampering it sets an alarm off)
Wireless (like outdoor cam where you recharge every 3 months or so - could have a charging base)
Timer so you can set it for night so during the day the mailman doesn’t set it off. (Or capability of changing alarms so it’s a nice chime during the day and a louder annoying alarm at night)

I have a small driveway and have an issue with people coming and checking my truck door at night. I have motion sensor lights and cameras but with the delay in person detection they are gone before I can come out.

Just wondering if it is possible to create a driveway alarm like the picture where it is 2 sensors placed between 2 posts that shoot a “laser” that when someone breaks the continuity it will set off an alarm. With my situation I’m having a hard time finding something that works. Most are a wide motion detection (like a light) but I don’t want to detect the sidewalk or even road. The one in the picture has to be wired to an interior alarm system. I would like it so the device itself sounds an alarm so the person knows they tripped it.

Would be nice for it to be Wyze and able to link to the app where you could get a notification that someone tripped the sensor and also be able to set a timer for this to work so it only is set at night so the mail man doesn’t set it off during the day. With Wi-Fi range extenders I don’t think it would be an issue with Wi-Fi. Would have to be wireless for the majority of applications so it would need to be able to be charged. Since you would have to remove it and not permanently mounted i have seen some of the devices have a security tamper alarm as well so if someone tries to steal it an alarm will go off.

Hopefully this is something that could be developed and I’m sure could be a great product for more than just me.

1 Like

I’m wondering about a product that is a barrier sensor much like the laz0ry thing that is near the ground on my garage door opener. It doesn’t care if I get near it…but I break that beam, boom.

The use case would be a place where a camera doesn’t make sense, and where a more precise motion sensor would be needed. For example, I could put one along the deck door so I know when puppermin walked up and is waiting to be let in or when baby crosses some threshold he’s not supposed to. (Baby is 21 now…but still…)

My Gobot Command Centre had one in the 80s, and I used it as a bedroom entry guardian for years.

Just a thought. I’d buy a few.

1 Like

Thanks for the merge. I should have thought to search for Beam Breaker! Voted.

1 Like

New sensor - beam break

Would like a mission impossible style beam break sensor for areas where I can’t put door opening sensor., Alarm triggered on sense hub if beam is broken… OK fine no lasers needed, IR light and reflector is OK