Outdoor can trouble

It took me a while, but I finally got my outdoor and both V3 cameras to operate correctly. Then a couple weeks ago, the outdoor cam started saying “offline”. I tried everything I could, nothing helped. I finally deleted it from my account. Now I can’t add it back. I followed the directions, they don’t work. The light on the camera is red, not yellow. I tried holding the “sync” button in for 10 to 12 seconds. There is no reset or setup button. I tried holding the sync button in while powering up. nothing. The app cannot find it, it keeps telling me I should hear syncing or something, but it is quiet. I don’t know what to do. The light remains solid red. Until I push the sync, then it flashes but never tries to sync. I tried pushing the sync button on the base station, that doesn’t help either. Repeat: there is no setup or reset button, the instructions I found on the internet said to use them. I would if I had them to use. The base station does show up in the app.

You should try deleting the WCO from the app, then flipping the switch on the back of the camera off, waiting 10 seconds, then back on to power-cycle the camera. Next, press the SYNC button on the bottom of the Wyze Cam Outdoor, the camera will say “Pairing is in progress. Please wait.” then the status light will flash yellow and blue . The camera will automatically finish pairing with the Wyze Base Station. The status light will turn solid blue when setup is complete.
The camera can’t technically be factory reset by pressing the setup button like V1, V2, V3 and Pan cameras for security reasons. The camera is locked to your account until you delete it. The above process is the best way to reset the connection to the camera.

I have tried that procedure several times, just tried it again. The light continues to flash red, and there is no sound. (I can feel the “sync” button click when I press it.) There is no card in the slot. I can make the base station flash yellow/blue by pushing the “sync” button. I tried that while trying the sync precedure on the camera, still nothing.

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

This is primarily a user forum, it’s not constantly monitored by Wyze support.
You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT
Or online: Wyze.com/support (click “submit a request”)
phone support is typically faster however this isn’t always true due to fluctuation in the amount of calls.

I found out what the problem was. The outdoor camera cannot be left plugged in to the power all the time. I have a new unit ordered, I told them the directions needed to be updated as nowhere did they mention unplug the camera after it was charged. I was told setup would not work once the battery was bad. (I unplugged the power cord, then no light which was my clue).

[Mod Edit]

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

1 Like

what an absolute nightmare the wyze v2 camera us…everytime i have to recharge the camera it goes offline and i have to delete and reset it up all over…its absolute garbage