Outdoor Camera won't Continuous Record onto SD

Have an outdoor camera with MICRO SD and can’t get it to continuous record. I have 3 indoor wyze cameras that can do it. The camera does Event Recording but not continuous. I have no schedules and SD card was the one that came with the package. Also traded SD card with another camera that I know works so it doesn’t appear to be the SD card. Event recording is on, Notifications & Motion Events,& Low Battery are on. Detection Sensitivity are both 60%. Haven’t had any luck Manually adjusting Detection Zone too. Advanced settings on AUTO. All advance settings on except for rotate image 180. Micro SD card has been formatted and shows .02GB/29.7 GB. Not too happy with this camera. Also have other products like 3 indooor cameras and 2 locks. Any idea of what the problem is? Maybe defective camera.

2 Likes

Hi @Mpphred, welcome to the community! Wyze cam outdoor (WCO) is not meant to continually record with a micro SD. Micro SD on the outdoor camera is used for time-lapse and scheduled recording features. The capability to continually record on WCO has been removed to save battery life as it is a battery-powered camera. Continue recording works on cameras your indoor cameras because they have an endless power supply. I hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What @Illumination said. You’re not doing anything wrong. The “WCO” simply won’t do that. You could try scheduling all day recordings but it will eat up your battery.

2 Likes

Hi @Mpphred and welcome (again) to the Forum. @Illumination & @Customer are correct.
I’ve tried time lapse recording on a WCO set for every 5 minutes spanning 6 hours and it took the battery from 100% to below 10%. Streaming eats the battery even faster.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick replies. Disappointed that it can record continuous record but still useful.

2 Likes