Outdoor Camera not recording?

So here’s an update. I put one back on the charger and charged to 100%. When I tried turning back on, it worked! I’m going to try charging the other tonight and see what happens. I’ve deleted it completely and have been trying to set up again. So we’ll see how this works or how they keep working.

Oh that’s interesting. Did you power it off to charge or leave it on?

Interesting theory. Since the outdoor cam can’t record while your watching, there is now way to speculate where the issue may be within the lifecycle. Over simplified, it could be the inability to identify motion, to send the event to record when motion is identified, the record function, or somewhere beyond that when it’s attempting to push to the cloud. For that matter, it could just be the app not being able to associate the event in the cloud. The damn camera may actually be working just fine. I can live with a software issue, that can be patched.

I left it on. But the other one that I plugged in yesterday has been plugged in for almost 20 hours and still says its not fully charged.

After reading your observation I plugged mine in as well though I did choose to turn mine off to do so. I’ll post back After I power it up.

I tried everything, the wyze outdoor camera does not record!!! it only recorded once when I have the app on, then walked across the camera. I think Wyze rushed this product too soon. Also does not recognize SD cards!!!

for those who has detection issues with WCO, sorry to hear that. we have a detailed post about the troubleshooting step, hope it can help. You can also comment on that thread, and I’ll be there to help with troubleshooting as well.

1 Like

I have had mine installed for about three weeks the only time it will record if you move the camera around . It does not pickup motion or sound. I am very disappointed in the product. I have tried everything.