Outdoor cam not showing video

I just received my first outdoor cam and set up went off without a hitch…
But now when I click on the cam in the Android app, it just says retrieving video constantly and never actually shows me what it’s viewing…
I’ve got them very close together so signal strength isn’t a problem and everything’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network and everything is working on the Wi-Fi fine…
I have power cycle the actual camera many times and it’s at 90 plus percent charge
Any ideas why it would be constantly trying to connect to the video?
Screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zyzQeMwbVPtVVtj97

1 Like

I have the exact same issue. I just bought this and got it all set up, about to mount it and glad that I didn’t. The live stream is not working at all. I have reset the camera and base, the firmware is up to date as well.

1 Like

I am also having this issue with a new outdoor cam. It detects movement but no live stream despite mulitple reboots of the program and camera. Cant seem to get any answers from anyone. Battery is fine, signal strength is fine. Works after reboot, then doesnt after that.

1 Like

Same issue on additional outdoor cams but not on camera that came with base station.

1 Like

same thing is happening to me as well no live feed ut will make recordings. just got the new outdoor cams in the mail td. live cam is working well on camera i had set up with basestation

1 Like

I’ll pile on. I set up two cameras and one doesn’t get past step 3. The other works great. Submitted ticket but suspect this may be a software issue with this many people having the same issue with only one camera.

1 Like

This outdoor cam is worthless. Going to look into returning it.

1 Like

Yep, I’m having the same issue. What a joke.

1 Like

Same issue on iOS. Initial bundle with base and camera came yesterday. Setup went fine, but I have to power cycle the camera to get it to live stream at all. Can update settings and it appears to detect motion but it’s not recording events either. Appears to be completely defective.

1 Like

Same issue. I’ve had a single cam and base since launch. Works perfectly. Added a second outdoor camera yesterday. Setup was fine. Added to account. Got live stream and was ready to go but once you close the live stream move to another camera and try to come back to new cam it won’t connect again until I physically power cycle the new camera. Not ideal for a camera to be mounted high on a garage. Obviously not just me. I’m iOS as well if it mattters.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve noticed that when the camera is activated by motion, if I’m fast enough with the app, I can get in and get the live stream. However, I can’t just open the app and get the live stream if the camera is in the “sleep” mode. I have 6 V2 cams, and they all work without any issues. I got the Outdoor Cam so I could have one in my garage (I live in the desert and it gets hot, so I was hoping the higher heat rating would work), but if I can’t just pull the live feed at any time, I might as well send it back

1 Like

Same

1 Like

I’ve had the regular V2 cam in my garage extreme Southwest climate. It has worked flawlessly The heat has not been an issue. The new outdoor cam on the other hand works but obviously like everyone else can’t live stream. My second outdoor cam will not even enter sync mode to pair.

2 Likes

This might help someone troubleshoot. I completely went down to the bare bones system with only the outdoor hub and the single camera connected. Every other smart home device and Wi-Fi device turned off.
The problem did not go away. If I went to travel mode with the camera when I connected back to the hub I could live stream once The next time I go back in it will not live stream again every time I go to travel mode I can connect one time when I come back

1 Like

Piling on. Original starter kit works great and continues to do so. My additional two outdoor cameras arrived yesterday but I cannot livestream from them UNLESS they have recently been motion activated. The clips from motion detection seem to upload to the cloud just fine.

1 Like

This is good to know. THANK YOU! I think I’ll return my outdoor cam and get a V2 for the garage.

1 Like

Me too. Original camera with bridge still works fine, 2 new WCOs get stuck on 3/3 when trying to live stream.

2 Likes

we’ve got enough users with the same problem, they need to look into this…
what’s the best way to contact support for something like this? do they have an email?

2 Likes

I have a support ticket currently going, and I included a link to this post in my response last night. They proposed some additional troubleshooting (that didn’t work) and I reiterated to them this morning that this needs to be looked at as a firmware or hardware issue inherit to the Oct camera shipments. I’m waiting for a response now.

2 Likes

Same exact issue here as well

1 Like