Outdoor Cam NOT detecting or recording motion

I am on the Android Beta app latest version. I set up the Outdoor camera today and was not receiving notifications. I went to Android Settings >> Apps >> Wyze >> Notifications and found that due to prior / old bugs a long time ago I previously disabled DownChannelService and channel_name. I re-enabled those services, walked past the Outdoor camera, and received a notification 30-45 seconds later. So for me, this fixed the notification problem.

1 Like

I also am not getting any motion detection on the new outdoor cam.

2 Likes

I’m hoping a firmware update will fix this. You are not alone.

Question: Why does it seem that Wyze is always playing the ‘catch up’ game?? Don’t they have a QA department and with the development time they apparently need, why are so many very basic requirements overlooked before shipping the product out???

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue with the cam seeming to work fine for showing live video, but I’m getting no notifications and no recorded events.

1 Like

SOLVED! Well, sort of. The issue is definitely a software problem. I received my camera a few days ago and after the first afternoon, all seemed fine. It was recording events and sending notifications. Something happened and it stopped recording. I tried everything in the app and even swapped out the micro sd card.

So what did I do? I set the camera to a 23hr and 59min, 7 day a week schedule. Basically telling the camera to record motion all the time. I set it to 930am to 929am, Mon to Sun. Right after I set the schedule, it began recording events again that were within the set field.

Wyze needs to fix this bug with a new firmware. Something is screwy. At least this way I can use the camera until that fix comes out.

1 Like

Same boat here, cranked the sensitivity sliders to 100 but it’s not detecting anything. Submitted log/ticket also.

Thank you. But to assume that Wyze will recognize and fix the software is wishful thinking

2 Likes

I had to walk over, pick it up and carrying it around and it finally fired an event. I can do a jig 2ft in front of it and nothing.

1 Like

Just set up my outdoor camera today. Came here thinking I was doing something incorrectly. I see I’m not alone. People strolling by my house all Sunday afternoon and not a single notification from the Outdoor camera. I still have my V2 set up on my porch and it is sending notifications. Can’t believe these went out the door with such a gaping hole in the functionality.

2 Likes

Quite disappointed. I hope they fix

1 Like

Captain !! The lifeboats are full… Captain??

1 Like

Same issue here as everyone else. Motion detection seems to be broken. I’ve had my camera going for a week now in the same place. About 1 out of every 10 times I let the dog out does it actually trigger motion and alert me. Is also never triggered an alert at night not matter what settings I use.

So, mine has been working well after setting the schedule. The only issue now is the camera seems to do a better job when someone is walking horizontally passed the camera versus walking straight towards the camera. Since I have my camera at my front door, it would work better for me if the camera was as sensitive when motion is coming at it. It is picking up the motion coming straight towards the camera but too late and while the person is already at my door. I was hoping I could see a person walking up my steps before they hit the door. It’s probably a 10 ft or so distance from the sidewalk, up the steps to my door. I have the camera set to max distance and max sensitivity. I am guessing this is a software issues. Wyze - please fix the bugs!

1 Like

I have the same problem. Once the camera is setup, it only records one event. I have increased sensitivity
to 100 %, still no activity recorded, even though when viewing live the subject is outlined, as it should be, however no recording or notification. I have started a case, no live response yet, a little disappointed in
not being able to talk with someone at Wyze. My other Wyze indoor cameras continue to function as they should. Not at all happy with Outdoor camera, spending way to much time dealing with issues.
Hopefully, will hear back from live person at Wyze. This camera may be going back if issue is not
resolved.

They are most likely swamped with issues with this Outdoor cam. Hopefully a firmware update will fix it.

Just wondering why they didn’t iron out this kink or find this mistake on their own before shipping 1000’s of these out. It’s clearly a software issue.

Can you post a screenshot of your camera’s view with the detection zone overlay?

Screenshot_20200810-134135_WyzeBeta

That’s what mine looks like. Zero fired events no matter what happens unless I get within 2 ft of it or pick it up and walk around with it.

What’s sad is I have a sense PIR sensor mounted on my porch that picks up people walking down my driveway at least 40 feet from the sensor. I expected at the minimum that kind of performance from the built in PIR in the OWC.

Looks like that should trigger things. Could be a bad PIR. Have you tried it in a different location closer to the base station with similar results? Or mounted higher up and angled downards towards an area?

Perhaps mounting the camera so that it has a side view of the pathway would better allow for the detection you require