Outdoor cam motion detect delay

I played with my setups for a few hours today to try to reproduce the start of recording delay. I was successful in recreating the problem under 2 scenarios: It doesn’t look like it’s a sensitivity issue. It seems more likely that it related to signal strength, cam to subject angle or a combination of both. Even with 3 bars of signal strength, at a 45 degree head-on approach to the cam, the wakeup-to-start of recording delay is horrible. When subject is moving across the field of view closer to 90 degrees, it wakes up and records acceptably fast. I forced signal strength down to 2 and then down to 1. Each time the wakeup to record got worse. When you combine the two, it’s miserably slow to pick up. I don’t know which is more important, but I’m blessed with 6 APs from which to choose for ultimate base station placement and connectivity. I also ordered some vinyl siding mounts with articulating arm so I can obtain any angle I need in mounting. Should be here this weekend. Not sure if this is an option on your house:

2 Likes