Outdoor Cam MicroSD >32GB?

So I was having the same problem. I tried formating in the base station and the outdoor cam…turned camera on and off and even inserted /removed card again and again.

What finally worked is putting it in the pan cam. Formating it there and then putting it in the outdoor cam. Lol. I figured I never had trouble formating 64 gigs in the pan cam before and I just needed to get it to fat32 to get it to work in the outdoor cam.:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I inserted and formatted a 64GB card in a WyzeCam V2 and it now works in the outdoor camera base station.

2 Likes

Formatting should work the same regardless of whether rest of you wanna V2 a campaign or an outdoor camera there should not be a difference in that

I could not get my base unit to recognize a 64 gig micro sdcard. The card is good and works in a Windows 10 machine.

32 gig worked in both base and camera. I did not try the 64 gig in my camera.

EDIT: Duh, should have read the posts above. Put the 64 gig in my Pan Cam, formatted it and now the base unit sees it. Thanks guys,

1 Like

I can also confirm that the key for the larger SD cards to work in the Outdoor Cam is that it MUST be formatted as Fat32 NOT exFat. (Worked for myself and a work colleague who also purchased a camera.) As mentioned above, you either need to use a utility that will support formatting in Fat32, or use a v2 camera to format it initially.

1 Like

Why you showing that, and besides, that is false as well.

Windows 2000 can read FAT32 partitions up to 2TB. Windows 2000 can’t format above 32GB only because Microsoft doesn’t want people using FAT32, the cluster size balloons up, so they capped what the formatting utility can do.

Yep have same problem too.

I have 32 and still does it.

I still highly recommend using the formatter from the SD Association, which Samsung, SanDisk and most major SD manufacture belong to. You can download it from here:

This formatter made micro SD cards that were unrecognizable to Wyze cams usable. I still don’t recommend using cards larger than 32Gb, they are just too problematic.

I agree with the formatting tool.

I don’t agree with the using cards larger than 32GB causes issues. There is no logical reason why that would be the case.

1 Like

That did not work for me on a 64GB card. That’s the one I’ve been using for all SD cards. What worked is putting the card into a V2 and then formatting it there. (This card had been formatted by this utility previously so I cannot say it works without it).

@Alex777 Thank you! This worked fantastic on the V3 cam, I retreated the idea on the Outdoor cam since it only does event clips, 32GB is good enough for events only.

1 Like

Thanks! Good 'ol Rufus did the trick!
So, one Wyze problem sorted, time to tackle the other problems. I don’t even have time for it, but the Wyze issues are piling up FAST at my house.