Outdoor Cam lifetime

After 1 charge my outdoor cam failed. it will not charge. I was just informed by Wyze support that the lifespan of the outdoor cam battery is 3 to 6 months. Battery cannot be replaced! That makes it a throw away and waste of money after 3 months. Do not waste your money on this product. I have been an early
adopter and a advocate of Wyze products - but no more. They failed my trust and made look like me a fool.

According to the FAQ section on the Outdoor Camera product page, the battery will last 3-6 months on a charge, before it needs to be recharged. That’s not the full life of the battery before the entire camera needs to be replaced. My understanding is that all of their products are also covered by a 1 year warranty, so they should be replacing it for you, correct? Is the warranty different on the outdoor cams?

1 Like

You misunderstood what they told you. A single charge will last 3 to 6 months. The life of the battery itself is years. If CS in fact said the overall life of the battery is 3 to 6 months, they are WRONG. I would call them back. I have a beta unit that has been outside for a year and has been recharged 4 times.

If the battery will not take a charge, then it is covered by warranty and should be replaced.

1 Like

I see that you posted the same post in another section in which Gwendolyn has responded. I’m going to close this one since it is a duplicate.

3 Likes