Outdoor Cam Event Recording

The WOC will only record 12-second events, separated by a minimum of 1-minute “cooldown” between events.

This pretty much renders it useless as a security camera.

1 Like

The case of the WOC

IMO: Wyze has simply bit off more than it can chew. It would have been nice to have each product/project more or less perfected before moving on to the next one.
The Wyse app looks nice on its own. The V2 and Pan Cam work nicely on their own.
It is the integration of the two that is problematic. If it wasn’t, the frequency of the firmware updates would be less. (Please!, don’t tell me all of the firmware upgrades were to add features)

I am strictly guessing here: One of their problems is their server capacity for cloud storage. They are adding products and features and cloud subscriptions faster than their servers can keep up with. Hence, the extremely variable time-lapse between events and notifications. Actually, that it is my number one concern, lack of notification reliability.

Startups like Wyze tend to be founded by young, very bright, tech-oriented talent.
Technology is their forte, management not so much.

“According to the Startup Genome Project, up to 70% of startups scale up too early. They even go as far as saying it can explain up to 90% of failed startups. Premature scaling basically means too much, too soon.”

Don’t get me wrong. I like Wyze and wish them the best and continued success. I just think they need to take a breather on product development and tidy up the products they have.