Outdoor cam base station to support all Wyze products

It would be great if we can link all of the Wyze products to the outdoor base station instead of using the bridge device in the back of the cam.

Don’t bet on it. :frowning:

It would have been PERFECT if this new base station served as a bridge for all the Wyze sensors and maybe the lock and doorbell. I don’t see that happening.

1 Like

We are having hub discussions but I don’t think the outdoor camera base station is equipped for all of those products. I could be wrong, though. I’ll tag this as “maybe later” in the meantime. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I just want a Central “hub”/dvr for my cameras. Instead of connecting them directly to WiFi I would like them all to record to a hub with like 1TB of storage. This way if any camera gets stolen I don’t have to worry. I could connect the hub to the internet to view the footage. This would also reduce the amount of cameras connected to my WiFi

4 Likes

Wyze base station is great to expand wireless coverage along with backing up notifications
it make sense to have it support Wyze cam v2 and pan to have unified backup solution, and it can still be restricted to 4 cams only

also if the base station have integrated 5Ghz wireless client interface that can be used to connect to home wifi will give more mobility to the base station to place it near by the outdoor cams?

the SETUP button on Wyze cam V2 and Pan can be utilized as SYNC button to join the cameras to the base station, if this technically not possible then i would consider this for the Wyze cam V3?

1 Like

I could not agree more to the above request. The only other thing that I like to add is that you should be able to configure the wifi channel on the base station.

1 Like

How about enabling the base station to be linked with the Doorbell, it would make it more robust and versatile. That way video captured could be safely stored. Another thing I noticed is that even though the Doorbell is priced low, most manufacturers offer live notifications (not necessarily after pressing the button on the doorbell). When you add the CAM PLUS subscription to enable people detection or live view it ends up costing much more in the long run.

1 Like

The Doorbell could be immensely improved by connecting it to a Base Station, that would enable the recording of events with people or movement detection and enhance security. I think the same philosophy applied for other Wyze products with the CAM PLUS should be applied here, but people or movement detection should be free with this product, you could charge to expand the 12 seconds limit
on the cloud and other features but movement detection for a video doorbell is key, besides if it is connected to a base station and since both devices are always powered, continuous recording or event recordings on the micro SD card would be greatly welcomed!

Best regards, and thanks for the great and affordable products you have launched!

All Cams and devices could be, to lessen the cost of cloud storage. Why release a base station for one cam then come out 2 months later with v3 that don’t? And please allow for an USB hardrive to be plugged in and all cams to write to it for on premise recordings.

I really hope they do this, I don’t want 30 bases… Please Wyze, would also help on the WIFI.

Allow the doorbell to connect to base station and use the memory card for continuous recording.

2 Likes

It would be nice to be able to connect the Wyze Cam V2 and V3 to the base station. This would allow you to extend the range of where you can put the cameras … especially for V3 since it can go outside. My Wyze Cam Outdoor works well on my shed because I have the base station in my garage and it can connect well to it. However, putting my V3 on the shed is spotty as it has to connect to my router directly. Being able to split the difference with the base station really helps.

If you’ve got cabling for the base station already, why not just add a $20 router / access point at that location to extend your WiFi generally? It would not only help the cameras but ALL WiFi usage in that region of your property.

You don’t need a new Wyze product to do that.

1 Like

I really want this to happen please wyze

I already have the base station because I bought a WyzeCam Outdoor. It is already acting as a wireless extender if you use it in wifi mode. So, why not allow other Wyze products to connect through it?

3 Likes

Fair point. The wireless operation for the base is a newer feature and I wasn’t always aware of it.

I would very much like being able to use the base station as a second connection point for my other wyzecams.

For example: I have a garage that is too far from my main house wireless signal, but i have wired ethernet going out there, if I connected the base station out there, I could put my v3 cam out there as well.

1 Like

+1 for the Hub using the base station for PAN/CAMv3, and to access the SD content of the base station via NFS or similar protocol.

I’ve been after them for something like this for awhile now…

I want to purchase an additional base station. I am told by WYZE that one cannot buy a base station separately. How bizzare is that?