Outdoor Base not working after power loss

I’m sure this has been addressed before, but this is kind of urgent. We had a brief (2-3 seconds) power outage this morning (hit the whole area - I was at the grocery store when it happened). when I got home, my outdoor cameras/base were all offline. the base is rapidly flashing blue. I did have it connected via wifi at the time. I’ve power cycled it. I’ve connected it via ethernet, I’ve pushed the reset button. Still flashing blue.

I need to get this fixed since I’m heading out of town tomorrow. (FYI, nothing else was disrupted - Doorbel, pan cam, lock, home monitoring - all working well).

Thanks,

Craig.

I would leave it connected via ethernet and power cycle the router and see if it will connect.

I rebooted the cable modem (it’s what the base is plugged into). Upset my son who was watching a WC qualifying match on TV :). No luck.

Any thoughts on deleting the base from my profile and then trying to reinstall it? Again, everything else including the Home Monitoring Base is working fine (so I don’t think it’s the network).

I would not delete it. There is a bunch of other post someplace here where people had the same issue, they were on wi-fi , lost power and base would not connect again. Mine has always be connected via ethernet so I never had this issue. Does it have the current firmware on it, is there a SD card in the base? Have you tried support on the phone 206-339-9646 or 1 844-999-3226.
I’ll see if I can find the other post.

This is what I did to get mine working again.

1. Downloaded the JULY firmware to a SD card using the directions from here: How to flash your Wyze Cam Outdoor firmware manually – Wyze
  2. With the base station plugged into the router using an ethernet cable, unplug the power cable, insert the SD card, and plug the power cable back in. I got a solid yellow light and after about 30 seconds, the flashing blue light returned.
  3. After a minute or two, I used a paper clip to hold the reset button until the light turned a solid yellow. Then release the rest button. After a minute or so, it reconnected. Once it reconnects, remove the SD card.
  4. I had to reconnect the camera back to the base station, but both are now working again.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ll try with the flashing the software later. Didn’t have time before I left. Not happy that I’m out of tow with four useless cameras.

Will let you know how things go when I get back.

Wow. Thank you manmatt75! Honestly I did not have much faith (not your fault, I’ve had the outdoor base crash on me before and it had to be replaced - figured that’s where I was headed this time as well).

That thud you probably heard was my jaw hitting the floor when the light went solid blue.

Thanks again for your help.

Craig.

That thud scared the dog last night. LoL. Glad it worked for you.

Well, it happened again. Lost internet and now the Outdoor Base is disconnected. Frustrating since the main base station for security is fine and reconnected as soon as I had the Internet back online.

The July update doesn’t work any more. is there another you would recommend? Thanks.