Our Pitch to Investors

I would like a hub for all my devices! Maybe Wyze will make the Outdoor cam hub let all devices connect to it?

4 Likes

Why? With a hub you have one point of failure and no devices are accessible.

1 Like

Because then I don’t have so many devices on my network but I see what your saying.

3 Likes

I e been using your products for quite some time. I’m so happy that I’ve had them in this epidemic because they have been a life saver. They let me connect and with my family that wouldn’t be possible otherwise. They rok great for a baby monitor you can share with family. I can bring the phone while doing laundry without fear of the baby getting hurt. They are great when you live stream, but very unreliable when it comes to alerts.

I had two cameras in my house that have both motion and sound detection. I know the sound works because I get one every time the fridge compressor goes on.

Anyway, a friend came over and he needed a place to stay for a day or so before his flight. He set the alarm off and both the front and rear didn’t send any notifications of the sound. This alarm is loud and it really hurt my confidence trusting these cameras.

As many people have said, it would seem that you guys are expanding too fast and forgot your core values. I really wish that you’d fix what you have and be great because there are more and more competitors competing in this space now and I’d be heartbroken if you guys didn’t make it.

You have a great community around you and I really wish that you’d polish what you have. We don’t want a jack of all trades company, We want one that are masters. I mean the latest firmware issues with the ad cards and such are an example of that.

Yes, you explained it was because the code gets more and more complicated and I’m sure it eventually becomes a mess. I get it, you’re human. I’m sure mistakes were made after 15 hour days for weeks straight. I understand, but you’re going to lose your edge and maybe your business.

Ford didn’t make all kinds of products, he perfected one. He was famous for not letting peoples demands change what his company did. “you can have any color you want, as long as it’s black.” Is a great example. Even today, Ford bailed out of the electric vehicle partnership when things got iffy with the economy. They pulled back to focus on what they are best at before they enter an area they have no expertise in. When things improve, I’m sure they will expand again.

Steve job saved Apple by killing off 70% of thier products and focusing on the best they had to offer. You might benefit from the same thing. The band and scale are good products, but without a strong core, the band is useless.

Aside from the band issues, it’s an extention of your home automation. It’s designed to be able to have Alexa on your wrist (which I resisted a long time), and although it has bugs, it’s sorta nice.

So, I understand that you want all things home automation, but where the heck does a scale fit into home automation? I love my scale, but it takes resources away from other things, and more importantly, focus.

I think your community support is a bit lacking and I’d highly recommend that you double down on getting people to engage the community in a huge way. We are the crazy ones posting stuff on YouTube, tutorials, and really doing some crazy stuff you guys never expected. This is a great thing. This is free advertising and critical to your success. We are your army. We just need some guidance, constant communication, updates, and maybe even newsletters, YouTube updates, and stuff like that. Let us behind the scenes a bit more. Let us understand what you’re thinking and where you’re at. It would go far into letting us sympathize with you guys and be more patient. You’re starting to lose our confidence.

What you guys have built is incredible. I’m proud of you guys and I’m a total fan. I sincerely hope you succeed and I wanted to take some time to tell you my thoughts in the hopes you guys become a better company. I belive in you guys.

6 Likes

It seems that a logical thing for them would also be a fire/carbon monoxide alarm. Several smart companies make them and they are WAY overpriced. Wyze is the best! Not only are they affordable but they do an incredible job. Thanks @WyzeDave for making sure even families like mine who don’t make much can afford helpful products like yours!

2 Likes

What is missing in the Video is to tell us how we can Invest :wink:

I am interested so don’t just wet our appetite.

There are several Platforms you can use to raise money from smaller investors.

I can think of Seedrs (UK), OurCrowd (Israel) and Wefunder (US).

Those are all for so-called un-accredited investors.

1 Like

You really have no room to speak about that until you have a publicly documented API to all of your devices. Both a cloud API, and an API to each individual device on the LAN.

The fact that I (my other smart devices) can’t get low latency notifications directly from the wyzecam acting as my sensor bridge when a sensor has an event is a MAJOR flaw, and prevents your products from inter-operating with ANY SMARTHOME home home out there.

If we have to duct-tape it together with a laughably latent IFTTT integration that fails every couple weeks, this is NOT PRODUCTION READY.

1 Like

FirstAlert has one for $40 that has zwave built in. I really do not want a fire alarm to be from a one-off company. I have mostly FirstAlert, but one Nest brand, and I thought very hard about the risk of a software lockup causing it to stop working and not having a fire alarm when I need it in the middle of the night.

smart stuff is really fun isn’t it. But is it worth DYING IN A FIRE for?

I think a much more intelligent decision is a listen-only gateway that you connect to the same shared-wire that links all your smoke/co2 detectors together, and it reads the signal off that, and sends alerts downstream to your smart devices.

1 Like

THIS!!!

Wyze if you’re listening, please spend less time and money on inspiring promotional videos, and more time on making the basic functionality of your core products finally work as advertised in a consistent manor.

We already have a hub in some sense. It’s your wifi router, and if it goes down, then your devices aren’t accessible.

Single point of failure.

To mitigate this, I personally buy and install my cams in triplicate, and use no fewer than 7 wifi APs throughout the property. In each position, no two cams use the same SSID.

A cheaper option I’ve proposed to Wyze, would be to add WiFi failover to their cams. You’d enter all the WiFi APs your devices are permitted to use into one screen on the app, or on wyze’ site. You can put a priority on each one, and override that on a per-cam basis. Then it will use the strongest signal available at the highest priority, and if that fails, fail back to the next strongest, and then to a lower priority level.

Wyze also needs a serious way to monitor uptime and device outages, visible to the user so that we have confidence that everything is working as expected. Otherwise how would we know the difference between a cam has dropped offline and all is well, and a cam has dropped offline, and someone is dumping gasoline on the house?

3 Likes

The wyze cam v2 does kinda have that built in already though I’ve never tried it.

Hate to see you go public. That just means the customers will not be focus, just shareholders.

3 Likes

True but my routers aren’t WYZE.:slightly_smiling_face:
I don’t have much faith in WYZE products staying connected.

Why not try what what Sam Adams did? They opened investing up to their beer drinkers. It would give the people that buy your product a reason to be brand conscious.

1 Like

Wyze could improve that faith by introducing uptime monitoring and downtime alerting.

i.e. show me which of my devices have been going offline, and how much so I know which ones to focus on or where wifi is bad.

3 Likes

I am interested in the Wyze door bell device. I am not satisfied with my Ring. There are limitations with the Ring/Ring Pro/Ring Ex; is the house wire the proper gauge; 12/14/16, is the transformer rated to 24VAC, are house identifier lights (house number) part of wiring, do you have a digital doorbell versus a conventional. I just want the device to work without having to change the transformer, rewire the house, disable house number sign, etc.

1 Like

Sorry that I hadn’t watched this sooner.
I am a BIG Wyze fan. I have only been using Wyze since December 2019 , but I am sold. I love the Cameras and the Person Detection is awesome. Plus the amazing pricing , what more could you ask for.
As I add more devices to my home security and some for convenience it will always be Wyze products that I purchase.
Thank you for a great product and all your hard work .

2 Likes

is there anyway to get accredited investors in this or have us create an spv to invest?

Can I invest in Wise labs? I like the products in the management seems solid.

Welcome to the forum.

First determine the company you want to invest in. It’s WYZE not Wise.

1 Like