Operation Failed - Internet Connection Offline alerts...cams and bulb not working after iOS update

Updated the app yesterday before going to bed. Wake up this morning and all cameras were showing “operation failed” when I try to refresh the thumbnail.

Bulb is non responsive.

Deleted the Wyze app and then reinstalled. When I get to the sign in page I get an error that says “internet connection appears to be offline”

Anyone else having similar issues?

3 Likes

Yes, same error message this morning. I updated the app yesterday and had no trouble accessing my cams using the latest app version after updating so I think the outage is unrelated to the app update.

1 Like

Good to know, thanks for reaching out and letting me know you were having similar issues this morning. Im going to keep an eye out for an all clear message later and try to get logged back into the app so that I can start to poke around and checkout the new features.

1 Like

Yes just started about 10mins ago. Was working great. Has to be a server side issue.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem. iOS 12.4.1 and an iPhone 6s Plus.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen anything funky on your end?

1 Like

Same error here too. Phone has had update for Wyze this morning. iPhone 10 iOS 12.4

strong textI have the iPhone X and just did the update and get the exact same error. Wyze will not be in business much longer way too many issues!

I’m having technical problems now, too. I believe it’s server-side, not the app update, as I no trouble after updating the app yesterday on my Android phone. When I go to the Events tab I get a Failed error message. I cannot see any events from any day, but I can see live streaming. I noticed this about 15 minutes ago and rebooting the phone didn’t solve it. I just received an unexpected motion alert, but couldn’t see the clip.

2 Likes

Went to turn on my cameras this morning from my iPhone and I got the same message “Operation Failed”. Then went to check the app and it states it was updated today. I’m guessing these two go hand in hand.

I hit up the wyzecam subreddit before coming here, and lots of users are reporting this same issue on both Android and iOS. Some have pointed out that if you log out of the app and try to log back in, your account won’t be recognized.

Oddly enough, I noticed the issue because I actually received a motion notification from one of my cams – but when I went to view the recorded event, all events have completely disappeared. If I try to change my notification settings, I just get “operation failed.” It was working fine this morning, but now it’s practically useless, unless I just want to watch a livestream of my living room all day.

1 Like

Exactly the same problem here.

I’m having the exact same problem. This appears to be related to a systemwide outage that Wyze has not yet reported to us.

1 Like

I got the message too Iphone 10 withbthe latest update. My husband has iPhone 6 his is working just fine… grrr I tried WiFi and cellular but it’s blocked somehow

Back to normal now.

2 Likes

Hoooooray! Everything seems back to normal now! Thanks to the Wyze team for getting that sorted out relatively quickly

1 Like

This new user agrees

1 Like

We apologize for the trouble, folks. Thank you for your feedback and I’ll share it with the team.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Can take videos but not snapshots